I'm delighted to be sharing my first, of three, Sticker Monday posts with you today; a great chance for you to see how versatile these stickers can be, regardless of your crafting style.
I've been having a 'thing' for speech bubbles of late, so I decided to pair them with an assortment of stickers. My trio ranges from colourful simple, to colourful + a bit more complex, to clean and simple.
For this encouragement card, I used snippets of rainbow patterned paper from my collection,
added the stickers, then cut them with a variety of speech bubbles. The Circles All Over adds
some texture to the background; the bubbles are all stacked for extra dimension.
Stripes every which way, cut from strips of cardstock/patterned papers, are trending in the
crafting universe of late. Using that as inspiration, I opted to create strips with the Bits of Washi #2 stickers.
- First, I decided on my speech bubble arrangement, then ran the panel through my Big Shot. At this point, I stamped the sentiments.
- Afterwards, I added washi strips to pieces of cardstock trimmed to fit the bubble openings (slightly larger) and adhered them to the underside of the panel. This panel was then placed on the card base. Yes, I *could* have just cut the speech bubbles + washi together, but I wanted my panel to create the appearance of inlay.
- The final step: adding the Thanks word die cut.
My Thanks card, featuring heart-shaped pops of colour made from Bits of Washi #2,
was super simple to make.
- I placed the washi on cardstock, then cut the hearts with some small heart dies.
- Various 'thanks sentiments were stamped on the speech bubbles and added to the panel sporting the Wonky Stitched Grid.
Even though I didn't use a *lot* of stickers for this card, they really are the stars-of-the-stage. In this case, less IS more!
Frames and Flowers~Dee's Artsy Impressions
I hope my cards have given you ideas for using your STAMPlorations stickers! See you in May with my second installment!
Thank you for dropping by!