Friday, October 12, 2018

Just Us Girls Challenge #462~Trend Week: CELESTIAL ELEMENTS

Hello,

I'm so excited to be hostess for Just Us Girls Challenge #462~Trend Week and the trend I'm inviting you to use: CELESTIAL ELEMENTS. Stars, planets galaxies that are inked, stamped, die cut, embossed, water-coloured, spritzed and splattered - ...whatever style and theme suits your fancy...please bring your 'out-of-this-world' creativity and play along with us!


I have a couple *ahem* projects to share...

First, a Halloween 'night sky' using a technique inspired by Amy Rysavy (love her videos!), of Prairie, Paper and Ink fame (here). As she mentions, this looks like a 'hot mess' as you create, but the star splatters make a remarkable transformation into a spooky night sky. My splattering, however, needs work!

 
I had background leftovers, so they became this mini card..


and this second mini card. Two more for the collection I'm making for my niece and nephew's classmates.



Since I was on an ink blending and splattering roll, I also made this (a bit excessive on the splatters..oops!).

(inside: STARS for you...)

Oh...and you don't 'need' to use ink blending to create a celestial themed card. Here, an embossing folder and little starry chipboard piece do all the work


as does a galaxy stamp (Lesia Zgharda universe stamp/The Alley Way sentiment) for this mini lunchbox note for my sister-in-law to share with my niece/nephew.


Yes, I got carried away but hopefully, these will inspire you to bring your CELESTIAL 'stars' to the gallery. Looking forward to your creativity....

Also sharing at:

Cards in Envy~Something Spooky!


Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #313~Holiday


Cute Card Thursday Challenge #551~Halloween



Thank you for dropping by!


12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your cards are out of this world fantastic, Carol. I think your celestial efforts are on point! I especially love the cards with the googly eyes! Perfection. Thanks so much for sharing these fabulous cards!

Macimbalo said...

Wow so many wonderful cards - love them all! Especially the embossed one showing another way to enter the challenge - you are a genius my friend! Love the theme and all of your creations!!!

Bobby said...

Splattering can be tricky and I'm still practicing mine, Carol. Those Halloween cards are so cute, especially the ones with the googly eyes. The kids will adore them. What a great idea to show other ways to make a celestial card. I bet we get a lot of response for this challenge. I love the sentiments. Where did they come from?

Linda said...

Carol, great challenge, although it had me stumped at first. Wow, you really made some fun and awesome cards. I definitely struggle with splattering and think yours turned out great.

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness Carol, you took this trend and ran with it! The halloween cards are so cute...especially the googly eyes! Then I was so taken by the last mini card! It is really out of this world!! You sure will be appealing to all of our followers with the various types of inspiration. Well done!

Pia S said...

Those dark ink and splatter backgrounds look totally awesome and fitting for your spooky themed cards. I also like the idea of an embossed background, simple yet impressive. Nicely done!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love all your celestial cards! Great background on the fun Halloween and star one! And the baby card is so sweet! Love that embossing folder! You can get carried away any time, my friend!

Shelly said...

Super fun and awesome cards! Love them all!

Ina G said...

OMG I love the direction you took with this theme Carol. You just blew me away with how different they all are. Certainly gives our followers no reason not to join is this week. Totally 'Cool'.

*Vicki* said...

Wow I sure do love your amazing splattering detail on your backgrounds Carol! Fabulous Halloween card designs! All of your creations look really incredible my friend!! With my DT hat on I want to say thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What an amazing collection of awesome cards! All of your examples are pure perfection. Those Halloween cards totally rock and I will be CASEing them for sure!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! You certainly took on the challenge with zest! Love your Spooky cards! So darn cute! And your other examples are just as amazing. I don’t think you need work on your spattering. It’s perfect! Great challenge this week!