Friday, February 2, 2018

Please Be Mine, Valentine...Just Us Girls Challenge #426~Word Prompt: LOVE

Hello,

Still in the process of unwinding from my two week *working* visit at my mom's...missing her and my niece and nephew but, I have a bunch of NBUS goodies that arrived during my absence (how *ever* did that happen...tee hee), so sorting through, organizing and, of course, playing, will keep me busy.

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #426~Word Week, where our delightful and talented Bobby has selected LOVE as our prompt. Fantastic choice...and yes, I am making Valentine goodies for my niece and nephew's classmates!


As mentioned in my previous post, Neat and Tangled's My Favourite Nut has been sitting in my NBUS collection for quite a while and, once I got started playing with the adorable squirrels and acorns...well, I perhaps went a 'nuts' in colouring them up.  These little cuddling critters, nestled in their cozy acorn, are distress ink water-coloured; Uniko Scattered Polka Hearts in the background. Lovey-dovey, right?


We're excited for Tenia, from Jazzy Paper Designsis joining us  as our February GD, with an card we know you'll "Lurve"!  My teammates have some incredible inspiration happening, too; please drop by their places and leave them a comment to brighten their day: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria.

Excited to see your love-themed cards in the gallery!
Thank you for dropping by!


18 comments:

~amy~ said...

awwwww...soooo CUTE.

Jeanne said...

Welcome home, Carol! So glad you had a good time (as good as you could have, after working all day) with your mom and niece and nephew. I'm sure it feels wonderful to be home, too. Oh golly, this adorable. Your coloring is great and those little squirrels are so sweet. Terrific Valentine card. Good luck with your Valentine project for your niece and nephew. I know it's going to be great! Hugs!

nancy littrell said...

Adorable squirrels hugging inside a nut:-) Love your beautiful coloring and your soft scattered hearts in the background. TFS Carol and Welcome Home. Hugs

Brenda said...

You are such a sweetheart Carol, to make things for your niece and nephew's classes! I bet they love it!!! I love your card, those squirrels are just too cute and yes, lovey dovey is right! lol Look at you go with watercoloring with DI's! I love it and you did such an amazing job. You go girl! Hugs, Brenda

Nikki Spencer said...

That image is adorable Carol, a very sweet way to add romance! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Bobby said...

So you can Copic color AND watercolor squirrels, Carol. Beautiful job on these darlings. They are so cute cuddled together.

Anonymous said...

Awww - what a sweet little image. I really love your subtle heart background too. Chantell Just Add Ink

Susanne Vargas said...

These two are super adorable! Your card is proof that a Valentine's card doesn't need to be red, pink, or purple, something I always forget.

Mac Mable said...

Lovey-dovey indeed! So adorable and cute and love that they are cuddling together. Fabulous colouring too x

Patti said...

Hello friend! Your card is adorables! but there is no surprise there! Sweet design and perfect coloring!!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Nancy said...

This card is so cute! So glad you finally inked up those adorable critters! Can't wait to see what else you do with them. Welcome Home too!

Denita Wright-Smee said...

Such an adorable card for our 'Just add Romance' Just Add Ink Challenge, Carol. Thankyou for sharing your creation in our gallery. D x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so sweet! such an adorable image and colored beautifully as well. Love the subtle hearts background.

Anita in France said...

Just the sweetest, Carol ... yep, those two little snuggling squizzles are definitely lovey-dovey! Hugs, Anita :)

Ina G said...

Cute as Carol. Love the non traditional style and colours. So refreshing.

Tracey McNeely said...

Just the sweetest image Carol and coloured beautifully!

Marlena M. said...

This pair is presh and I was so happy to see it featured at Just At Ink. Thank you for alerting me to this adorable set~lovely card and coloring Carol~

Margaret said...

Such a cute image Thanks for joining us at Creatalicouis. Good luck. Hope to see you again. Maggie, DT