Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Serendipity May Blog Hop (#1) ~ Rollercoaster and Flowers

Hello,

Happy May and a warm welcome to Serendipity Stamps May Blog Hop #1.  And guess what:  Patti's back!  Woo hooooo!  She's been so so so incredibly missed, but not any more! She's returned to dazzle and delight with her marvelous creativity and heart-warming comments!  Excuse me while I engage in yet another round of ecstatic happy dancing!

Okay...restoring calm for a bit now.  Once again, my fantastic DT and I are showcasing some fabulous products that, hopefully, will inspire and delight. Your part is easy: by simply hopping along and leaving comments,  you're in the running for s a $20 gift certificate.  Here's the hop list....

Carol Mayne (you are here)

Today, I'm sharing three simple cards, easy to create especially for those of you who have other things calling for your attention as the spring months turn into summer....

The first two feature two flowers from Simple Flowers, which is also this month's 50% off Stamp of the Month. They are soooo cute and deserving of performing solo in their little frames on the stage!  Simple Happy Birthday sentiment and ta dahhh...two for the birthday collection!



Roller coaster ride, anyone? Not me...never been on one and have no desire to do so! Yes, I am a scaredy-cat...and proud to be so *grin* A roller coaster stamp, however, is a different story!  My card showcases one of the newer Serendipity additions: Roller Coaster Cling Stamp set, which includes this daring ride and two sentiment phrases.  A 'sunset' background and that was it; another set where I wanted the details to be the highlight of the show....



That's it from me!  Two tasks for you now:
Please head over to Serendipity Stamps Blog for more how-to-win details as well as for some scoops on sales. 
Hop, hop, hop! Next on the list is wonderfully talented Karen Amidon. Enjoy!

Thank you for dropping in today; your visit brings me joy! 


25 comments:

Aileen said...

Love the three cards. The two with flowers so simple yet eye catching and I really really love that die that gives the stitches outline. Wish it would be in stock just once when I go to visit, obviously very popularrrrr. Love the roller coaster stsmp and sentiment and that wonderful sunset. Perfect and totally with you never ever plan to go on one, ever.

Carole said...

Three wonderful cards to inspire Carol! Love the flower cards with that stitched frame (die envy....again) and your inking on the last one...a fun image and sentiment but so very true! As for roller...coasters...other than life's in which we have no choice...and never seem able to get off!...I am not a fan...even an escalator going down makes my stomach flip! Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

Your flowers are showcased wonderfully in that peek a boo window, Carol. So sweet. Ohh and I adore that rollercoaster card. The inkblended background is fantastic and that ride looks so fun! I LOVE rollercoasters! They are so much fun. :)

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love your sweet little Simple Flower cards! Just putting them in their own little frames makes them perfect! And LOVE your roller coaster - perfect way to focus on the images and the sentiment you're sending to someone. While I'm in no way a daredevil - for some reason I like a good roller coaster ride! I'd love to hear from others on what carnival ride should be next in our little collection!

Birgit said...

Three fabulous cards Carol! I love the soft blending on the roller coaster card. Just perfect!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hello my friend!Thank you so much for your wonderful note on my blog... I so understand how it goes with a full time job and multiple DTs and lots of commenting responsibilities, and how there's so little to no time to get to your friends' blogs as well. I do the same, but I am always watching too. I came over today when I saw your Fusion card, and was met with this FABULOUS roller coaster card. Oh my goodness!!!! Fantastic. I love the inking over the line image, and that sentiment is truly wonderful. So then I took a stroll through your wonderful creations, and all that was missing was you, and a cup of tea (glass of wine)... your craft gets better and better all of the time. It's so wonderful to see, and I so enjoy seeing your creations all over... and I never, ever see a butterfly without thinking of you. xx

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I love roller coasters. This is a cool stamps and I really like how you shaded the skyline. Your flower cards are very sweet. Love the simple design of the images. TFS

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the birthday cards.
they are plain and simple and
so pretty. The framing is
a wonderful idea.
That roller coaster is
fantastic. I was never a
fan of riding them but this
one look great on the card.
thanks for sharing.

lynda said...

I love the way you showcased those tiny flower clusters in the stitched frames. And that roller coaster....the softly shaded background really makes it pop!

Talitha said...

Love the little flowers--sweet and simple.

Happy Dance said...

Happy dance away my friend! You have every right to -- it's wonderful to celebrate Patti's return!! Very sweet trio of cards. Love the way you have them framed and have let them be their own stars of the show. And rollercoasters... I used to ride them, but no longer. It's a migraine thing now. Not sure if I would now even if I could, lol! Chat soon!! Bev

clelie said...

Love the stitched frame and simple designs!

Michele K. Henderson said...

These cards are so cute, Carol! I love those tiny rows of flowers, but that roller coaster is out of this world! Terrific!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm loving your darling, and simply darling designs, c... the rollercoaster is fun, too... except in real life - ewwww!
=]

Shelly said...

These are so sweet, Carol!
And roller coaster!...Yes, please! Love them!

Unknown said...

Sweet and simple!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful CAS card designs. I really love that type! And, your roller coaster card is so fun too!

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! Love the sweet flowers and the roller coaster! (No thanks for me on a real roller coaster!).

cghundley said...

The flower cards
are so pretty and
your roller-coaster
card is fun!
Carla from Utah

Bobby said...

Those flowers make such darling CAS cards, Carol, especially with that window die I so desperately want. And so does everyone else since it's always out of stock. ;) Tried a roller coaster once and that was enough for me but seeing it with your lightly inked background is delightful.

Anita in France said...

Such delicious CAS cards, Carol ... sweet little framed blooms and a gorgeous sunset behind that fun roller coaster (loved them at one time ... haven't been on one for a while)! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti said...

Fantabulous! Carol!! I especially love the "sunset" in your Roller Coaster card!! It looks like a Cotton Candy sky! : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Sue D said...

Sweet set of flower cards and I like the sunset on the roller coaster card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so cute, Carol! Love the little framed flowers & color you added behind the roller coaster.

Geri said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORE the clean and simple designs of the first two cards! The cuteness factor makes my heart smile!

The roller coaster card will definitely make high rollers smile! BTW - I'd be standing right beside you....feet firmly anchored to Mother Earth!!!