Saturday, October 1, 2016

Happy Halloween...Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog #60~Anything Goes

Hello!

Happy October!  And a warm welcome to the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  On the first of the month we post a new challenge with a central theme. The design team provides samples for inspiration at the beginning, and then again at the half way point of the challenge, but you get a whole month to join us!  The only 'rule' is that you use at least one Serendipity Stamp image on your creation. The incentive is an opportunity to win some goodies from Serendipity Stamps

October's Serendipity Stamps Challenge #60 is one you will absolutely love: Anything Goes!  Woo hoooo!

I adore sweet Halloween images, so that's immediately where my thoughts went for this challenge. Added to that: I have like a zillion Halloween tags and cards to make for my sweet niece, nephew, their classmates and teachers so I'm taking every opportunity possible to design something 'trick-or-treat' themed. Such fun!

My very very scary card features the fabulous Happy Halloween Vertical stamp (so wonderfully crisp, as all Serendipity stamps are) along with an assortment of spooky characters from the incredibly fun Creepy Wreath.  Does my polka-dot pumpkin give you the willies? How about the polka-dot skull? No? Okay...the glitter paper spider? Still not quivering?  The purple striped ghost?  No way?  Excellent! Then I've accomplished my goal: a cutie-patootie Halloween card that will, hopefully, bring a smile to one of my niece's or nephew's teachers...

Here's my card posting this direction...


and that direction.  I'm completely crushing over those images...and smitten with the sentiment!


Want to see even more Anything Goes creations?  Then please check out what my amazing team has done; you will be in awe. Guaranteed!

Before you head off:  check out the oh-so-pretty stamp of the month (50% off) for October: Pumpkin Border.  Wouldn't this be beautiful for place cards on your Thanksgiving table?  (Speaking of which, our Canadian Thanksgiving is next week!)



Your turn!
How does *Anything Goes* spark your creativity
What Serendipity Stamp will you feature?

Looking forward to seeing your creativity in the gallery!
Be sure to link up at the challenge blog by Midnight US EST October 30.

Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

You definitely achieved your goal of a non scary card. Unless you count scarily cute? I don't think that is a real phrase though. I think those little images are great for Halloween. They'd be fun to cut for shaker bits. I really like the pattern paper you chose, too. All around wonderful non scary, non creepy Halloween card! Hugs!!

Dana said...

Hehe!! Love the little halloween images!! Awesome card!!

Shelly said...

Oooh, such a happily scary card! Super fun, Carol!

Unknown said...

Love your color scheme! Very cute!

Vickie Z said...

Fun card!! Love all the bright Halloween colors!!

Bobby said...

If cute was what you were going for then you succeeded, Carol. The kids and their teachers will love this.

Jeanne J. said...

I thought this was so clever when I saw this Carol. The composition and the colors ! Love the little die cuts and the long sentiment!

Marybeth said...

Darling card Carol and what a fun way to use the small images from the wreath set! Love the fun polka dot patterned paper too!

Tracey McNeely said...

How darling is this spooky cute card Carol! Those iamges are so sweet!

Greta said...

Love the design with the 2 windows--great card, Carol!

Rose said...

Such a fun card Carol! We don't do Halloween here but I do love to see everyone's creations. Love those tiny, spooky die cuts!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cute Halloween card - not the least scary ;) I am sure your nieces and nephews will love it!