Friday, December 15, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #305 - Word Prompt - CELEBRATE - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas Pine Cone Branch (Good Tidings set - HoneyBee Stamps)

Hello,

Hard to believe that Christmas is but nine days away - and in the spirit of this fast-approaching festive event, our Inkspirational Challenge #305 - Word Prompt for the next two weeks is CELEBRATE. Of course, we're not limiting you to cards/projects for the holiday season; feel free to broaden the theme to any events/images/emotions that speak to celebration. 


Honey Bee Stamps' Good Tidings stamp, die and stencil set is absolutely wonderful - and the sentiment, in my view, fits well with the CELEBRATE prompt.
 I love pine cones (and yes, I do have quite a collection!) so inviting this collection into my stash was a given. The 6 stencils were easy to line up and, to add extra depth to the pine cones, I used coloured pencils. In a nutshell, I followed most of the techniques/tips/ink and pencil colours found here.

I made 8 cards in total: four for my sister to send to family on behalf of my mom; four to mom's companion who is my #1 audience for most of my cards. Hopefully, the recipients will enjoy them as much as I did making them.


Looking forward to seeing how CELEBRATE inspires you!

Also sharing at:






Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is made with stencils?? Wow!! Looks fantastic. Love your embossed background, too. Thanks for sharing, Carol!

Marlena M. said...

Carol I love the depth of the embossing too! Gorgeous!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunning card, Carol! What a lovely image and your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous stencil set Carol - your coloring and shading are just beautiful and I love the mix of pine and holly with the red berries - your embossed white background is the perfect backing for this lovely piece! Julia xx

Greta said...

Oh what a beautiful card, Carol! Love that foliage spray & your coloring! Can't believe I didn't use that ef this year--need to pull it out!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful and sure to bring merriness to the recipients!

Diane said...

It is a stunningly beautiful card, I am sure they were well loved!! I love the layered stencils myself, you should enter it at Our Stencil Fun challenge and also our embossing folder challenge too, I have given the links if interested!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Stencil Fun}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Marina said...

Such a lovely Christmas card. The image is beautifully coloured and the pine embossing looks great.

Pia S said...

The stencilled image has those black lines like a stamped image and I think it's just beautiful! A nice one for your stash. Lovely card!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Carol. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at The Four Seasons. We hope that you'll join us again soon.