Friday, September 22, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #299 - Clean and Simple (Optional - Inspired by a Movie) - Be Awesome Today - Watercoloured Sunflower

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #299, where our challenge for the next two weeks is CAS - Clean and Simple - with an optional twist of Inspired by a Movie. Loads of choices, right!


I watercoloured! Yes I did! I'm not exactly sure which company made the sunflower image; it was part of last year's Crop and Create event. I finally got around to painting it with my distress inks then some splatter with gold paint. So easy and, for a change, I like the results. The sentiment is a Tim Holtz sticker.

A reminder of what we'll be looking for with your Clean and Simple designs:

✅ One main focal point
✅ Lots of OPEN space (doesn't 'have' to be white)
✅ Minimal Layers
✅ Minimal Embellishments

Looking forward to seeing your CAS cards in the gallery, with or without the twist.

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is awesome and so are you for going forth and pushing yourself to do techniques that aren't always your favorite. Look at the gorgeous results! Thanks for being a wonderful inspiration, Carol!!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous image and watercolouring Carol!

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh, this is PRETTY!!

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous sunflower Carol - Beautifully colored with your inks! So pretty with the splatter and scalloped edge. Julia xx

ElizStewart said...

Carol... FABULOUS sunflower!

JulieP said...

You did a fabulous job!!! I haven't watercolored in ages. Your card is beautiful .... and for the record, you're always awesome in my book.

Irish Cherokee said...

It has been some time since I have stopped by. Love this image and the coloring. Clean design and simple coloring. Nicely done.

Hugs and Blessings

Pia S said...

This sunflower looks impressive in both size and in colors, and I do love the added splatter too.

Marina said...

The watercolouring is beautiful and I love the placement of the sentiment and the deckle edge.