Friday, January 6, 2023

Just Us Girls #661 - COLOR Week - Light Blue, Navy, White...Poinsettia JOY (Concord & 9th, Photoplay)

Hello,

Happy New Year and welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #661, our first challenge of 2023, where our delightful hostess, Lisa K, invites us to use Light Blue, Navy and White for this week's colour challenge. Such a pretty combination, especially to capture the frosty hues we often connect with January.


In addition to a new challenge, we're also delighted to welcome a new guest designer for the month: Julie P.  She's just an all-around awesome person; one many of you know for her creativity and sweet comments

I'm not a quilter/sewer by any stretch (except cross-stitch, which I love), but even so, I couldn't pass by a quilting die. This quilted poinsettia die from Concord & 9th is wonderfully versatile, especially for using up scrappy bits of patterned papers, which I did here. I paired it with a shimmery Joy from Photoplay.


Looking forward to seeing how you're inspired by Light Blue, Navy and White! 



Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Jeanne said...

OOOOH, your quilty card is gorgeous, Carol. Like you I can cross stitch up a quilt, but there is no way I can add another hobby that requires accumulating products to have on hand to complete the item. So, I just admire quilts or quilty cards. ;) Thanks so much for sharing!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your quilted snowflake turned out awesome

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I love to quilt so making a quilting card is high on my list.
Love it!

Carol said...

I love the quilt dies and your papers just made the card so pretty!!! Was it like doing those tangrams? I used to love doing them! SUCH a nice card Carol!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your paper choices, this is perfectly charming!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That is one gorgeous quilt block! I love your choice of papers paired with the big and layered JOY! Awesome use of these colors!

Bobby said...

I love and make quilts and putting bits and pieces together is what draws me in (like that shameful plug? lol). Your different papers made a wonderful quilt block, Carol, and the die cut sentiment works well with it.

JulieP said...

Wow! This is just amazing with all of the blues and patterns. And this would be the ONLY way I would ever quilt. LOL!! And thank you so much for your kind words. Mom is sitting next to me and I had to share just another reason why this hobby and my crafty friends are so important to me. xxx

Nancy said...

Carol, This is quilted pattern perfecton! I love your pattern colors and placement! I stay clear of sewing machines! I did some sewing when I was a teenager and didn't enjoy it one bit. I will stick to paper crafts. Happy New Year!

Ina G said...

What a stunner Carol and that quilt die is one you will get sooooo much use out of. Breathtaking in blue tones. Love the big JOY die too. Wowza!

Lisa Kind said...

I have this die and two others that are similar and love them. I just started quilting as well last year! I love the prints you chose. This would make a beautiful block in a quilt!