Friday, January 7, 2022

Inkspirational Challenge #256~Word Prompt - Goal...Nephew Hockey Card

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #256, where our word prompt for the next two weeks is GOAL. Setting, accomplishing, reaching for, scoring...what goals will you share with us?  


My nephew plays hockey, so of course, the minute I saw this prompt, I immediately thought of him. This photo is one of my favourites, taken when he was trying on his gear - in the house, of course- for the first time. He was about 5 then and now, nearly 5 years later, he certainly shines as a sporting, solid, committed player. Yep...that's my boy! Oh...and he's not a goalie on a regular basis; I just wanted to use my Photoplay hockey paper and stickers for this challenge occasion. 


AND, I accomplished *my* goal of making a mini trifold album for him - similar in format to the one I shared here -  featuring a handful of photos from his 2017/18 year of playing. A bit of a challenge to get decent pictures of the album but...I think you'll be able to figure it out. The tutorial, at Polly's Paper Studio, is so easy; I love the format! 

Cover

Inside pages - mini cards tucked in pockets



Papers lining inserts, where more photos could be added:


Back of album when unfolded: cover on right, the back in the center, a fourth pocket/insert that folds in, when assembled.


Cover and insert photos



Please check out my teammates' delightful creations, then play along with us!

MarinaPiaMarlenaLindsey (on break)


Thank you for dropping by!


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awesome projects, Carol. You nailed the goal of this challenge! Love your dedication to your niece and nephew. Those kiddos have oodles of love and support!

crafty-stamper said...

This is brilliant love mini album and all the pics you used -a beautiful keepsake
Carol x

Marlena M. said...

Oh he was precious then, as I'm sure he is now! What an amazing project Carol!

Pia S said...

This is a great way to use photos and make it a personal gift for someone special. Great papers, so perfect for this hockey themed card.

Marina said...

How lovely!! Just great to see how effectively you've used those great photos.