Friday, January 1, 2021

The Color Hues Challenge #9~Red and Grey...Merry and Bright Gnome

Happy New Year!

Hoping that 2021 brings you joy, health and plentiful opportunities for spending
 'real' time with loved ones!

Welcome to The Colour Hues Challenge #9, where Lindsey invites us to play with hues of Red & Grey for the next two weeks.  Love this combo!
I've decided to continue with Christmas and/or Winter-themed cards/projects for much of January (and likely even February) because...why not? *grin* Snow on the ground, cold temperatures; bundled up in cozy sweaters and leggings: perfect 'connections' to keep these seasonal stamps/dies within reach. That said: a Merry & Bright card featuring an adorable sheet of patterned paper topsy-turvey gnomes from Photoplay that paired wonderfully with my die-cut Simon Says gnome, decked out in his shiny red hat. He makes me smile; hope he does the same for you.


Please visit the rest of the team; they've created quite the range of dazzling delights with Red & Grey:


The challenge is open until 9:00 AM (EST) on January 14th.
 The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer!

Thank you for dropping by!


8 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a great card, Carol! I need to follow your lead and continue on with the Christmas/Holiday/Winter themed cards into next month. Always good to have a head start on next years cards! Happy New Year!

Karen said...

What a perfect patterned paper for this challenge, and that gnome is just adorable! Happy New Year!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic card, Carol! You had me at gnome. :) The pattern paper is so fun and the gnome with his sparkly hat makes me smile! Thank you so much for sharing!

Nancy said...

This is so adorable! I have vowed that next year I am going to get my hands on a gnome or two and you just sealed the deal with this guy! I love the gnome paper too! Happy New Year to you and yours!

JulieP said...

This is just so perfect for these colors. LOVE HIM!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one staying in the winter themes. For just a bit longer as it's Jan 3 already and I know the month will go by fast. It doesn't feel like it will though, does it?

Your card could not be any cuter! Love the gnomes in the background and of course that one center front steals the show with the glittery hat! Sure does make me smile.

Lindsey said...

This is so cute!!! And how very nicely the patterned paper and the gnome die play together. Adorable!

Brenda in IN said...

Great pattern paper for this gnome to live on. He is adorable and I love his shiny hat.