Friday, September 25, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #555~Photo Inspiration Week...Starry Halloween

Hello, 

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #555, where this week's prompt may have you reaching for your stars...or stripes...or polka-dots...or numbers (I just realized the stars are shaped like a seven; wish I'd recognized that earlier!). This seemingly 'simple' image is laden with possibilities.


Last week in September (where did the month go?) means this is our final week with our awesome guest designer, Lindsey. Thank you, my friend, for sharing your fabulous creativity with us this month; we'll miss having you joining us on a weekly basis!  Your finale is a festive starry delight! 

If you have a chance to leave comments for Lindsey as well as the rest of the team - Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, and Maria - that would be a real treat.

So, this delightful star photo posed challenging for me and after several 'literal' attempts (having failed to see the *7* until today *palm smack on forehead*), I decided to just 'reach for the stars' a la Halloween style, and let them fall where they may....


Fun to use up those snippets of patterned paper that I can't seem to toss!

Looking forward to seeing your takes on the photo - stars or not - in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fun card, Carol! I really like seeing all the stars cut out of the different pattern papers. It's not overwhelming. Great job! :) Hugs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun slimline card - I LOVE that font of the Halloween too

Lindsey said...

That's too funny - the '7' was the first thing I saw, and I couldn't move past it for the first while! (I had no pressing need for a card for a 7 year old...) You ended up with a glorious Halloween card - I always think it's good not to make all Halloween cards super-scary, and this works a 'treat"! :D

Debbie said...

love this card - great use of pattern paper - which I have and never use now thank you

Macimbalo said...

What a cool Halloween card - LOVE IT!!!

Bobby said...

This was such a great way to make a sophisticated, non-scary Halloween card, Carol. I may have to CASE this for my older grandchildren.

Nancy said...

This is awesome! What a great way to use up those scraps! We may or may not be having a topping over at STB very soon that is very similar to what you have done here. Awesome card! You slimline queen!

Marina said...

This is different! And great!