Saturday, July 8, 2017

Celebrate & Make a Wish...Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge (July 2017)

Hello,

We are so having a heat wave here, to the point where Environment Canada is issuing *Heat Warning in Effect* statements!  YIKES!  And guess who's spending the weekend at bike races! Swelter-fest in the forecast!

Anyway....let's discuss far more entertaining topics, such as the Happy Little Stampers July 2017 Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.


Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

Recently (as in before I spent the past two weeks with my mom on my working/visiting excursion), I watch Jennifer McGuire's 7 Ways To Use Coordinating Dies video. Yep....inspired! Aren't we always, though!

The first uses the impress technique, although it's difficult to see as the impressed die is nearly the same size as the diecut. That's okay...still a 'something new' for me...



The next two use the solid dimension technique; one with the cake (straight stamped sentiment)


the other with the sentiment and the cake.


Inset technique for the next two.




And here's the gang!

Please visit my teammates for some truly amazing die cut inspiration, then play along with us!


See you in the gallery!


 Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!





17 comments:

Pam said...

Fabulous cards! I'd say you learned exactly how to do these techniques. Love them all.

Barb Housner said...

love all your cards. I must try that die cutting the front with image inside card

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

Oh how cute these are! I love all the different ways you colored the birthday cakes to make them special. And then those candles......what a neat idea!

Darnell said...

A fantastic set of colorful cards, Carol! I have this fun set and haven't used half of them - why?! I have to get them out after seeing these inspirations! I hope your examination grading is over now and you can enjoy the summer! Hugs, Darnell

Julie B said...

Fab cards Carol, we both appear to have been watching Jennifer's You Tube channel. She always makes things look so easy! Hope you didn't frazzle at the races. :)

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, the heat is on everywhere! I hope you don't melt! I would be so very sad! Please drink lots of water and be safe! (I know you will, but couldn't resist the reminder). One of my brothers lives in Arizona where their temps got up to 119 degrees Farenheit (not sure what the Celcius conversion is). Anyway...enough about heat, unless you count the heat coming from the candles of these awesome cards! Look at the fabulous array of beauty. I love that you took inspiration from Jennifer and created this super set of cards. Wonderfully colorful and they all look amazing! Thanks for sharing. Big hugs!

Bobby said...

Once you got started with that stamp set you just kept going and going, Carol, and all the cards are wonderful. I especially love the ones with the windows.

Kylie said...

Wonderful series of cards, Carol! :)

Anita in France said...

Cute and fun celebratory cards, Carol ... thanks for the link to Jennifer, I must've missed that one during the blur that was June! Hugs, Anita :)

Marina said...

These are cute and colourful and perfect for anyone's birthday.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Carol! I am loving all of these cards. So fun to try new techniques and have them work out so well. We are now on this DT together... funny story about my debut that is too long to type, but I am thrilled to be here, and to be here with you! xx Stephanie

Macimbalo said...

Love all of these - so cute! Who wouldn't love getting one of these adorable birthday cards? Super!!!

Anonymous said...

These are stupendous :-)!!!!!! Ty for all your sweet comments, you are a treasure!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many fabulous and creative cards! Really love the wonderful look you created.

Patti said...

You amaze me Carol!! You sure are HOT when it comes to birthday cards! LOL sorry I couldn't resist!!

Stay cool and cheer on your WINNER!! : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a fun set of cards - I am especially taken with the last one - so clever to use the die-cut window - I have to remember that for future use ;)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Fabulous set of cards...Love each one of them..In fact I too tried in set technique for my DT card...;)
Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal