Saturday, February 20, 2016

Butterfly Thanks...Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #348

Hello, my friends...

How quickly this week has zipped by, what with travel west to see my husband's family...*no choice must fix* car issues that started during our drive...bought a colouring book (yayy!)...extended stay with my welcoming mom-in-law...car fixed and return home...crafted like crazy (with not a whole lot to show for it, though)...two mornings lending a hand at my husband's office to help him out...on my ownsome this weekend, which is the beginning of a stretch of several solo weekends to come...and back to work Monday. I 'think' I had a bit of a break in there somewhere *grin*  Fortunately, Spring Break is but a bend down the road...

Anyway, I'm here, with my fabulous teammates to welcome you to Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #348, where we invite you to create with this lovely grass-white-sky palette.  Once again, we have these tasty treats to tempt you...polka-dot cupcake wrappers, pretty tinted flowers, luscious frosting...Bet you're craving a cupcake right now!


Jennifer, the talented designer and owner of Newton's Nook Designs, is our generous sponsor for this week's challenge. Someone will be purring happily when they win a $20 Gift Certificate! In addition to the sponsorship, she and two of her design team are also joining us for the challenge. A hearty welcome to JenLarissa and Samantha!!


Today, I'm serving you a stenciled background (what a surprise...another stencil), with a sky + green coloured butterfly (another surprise...HA!), and a sentiment from Newton's Nook Simply Sentimental.


Want to see more inspiration, guaranteed to dazzle and delight?  Please, head over to the Cupcake Inspirations site, where a fabulous array of grass + white + sky combinations await.  Then, the spotlight's on you: create a project and join us!

See you in the gallery!

Also sharing at Kathy's 30 Day Colouring Challenge.


Thank you for spending time with me today; your visit brings me joy!



32 comments:

Rose said...

Very pretty! Love the green & blue butterfly, such a lovely combination. I'm loving all your stenciled cards & this is no exception. You make me want to pull out my stencils & ink up!

Tanja said...

love the stenciled background and the beautiful butterfly - Hugs, Tanja

Jeanne said...

You and your butterflies make my heart flutter, Carol! Truly. The colors you chose are so calm, soothing and beautiful. Thank you for sharing!! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound after the must fix repairs on the vehicle. Oooh, what coloring book did you get? I have a bunch, but not enough time(or rather energy mostly) to color in them! Must change that. I have a feeling you will be able to fill your solo weekends with lots of good things that will make the time fly. Thank you for sharing and inspiring. Hugs!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Your card is as sweet and pretty as those cupcakes!
Being alone on weekends means lots of crafty time, right?

sandie said...

Stunning Carol, why to go with the HLS butterfly, amazing colouring x

Jennifer Jackson said...

Such a beautiful card! The stencil you used reminds me of the intricate patterns a butterfly would have on their wings! Such a simple but lovely layout too! Thanks so much for the inspiration today!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

I Card Everyone said...

REally lovely, c ... welcome home?!
=]

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Carol! I love the color combo and the inspiration photo as well. Your inspiration from it is fabulous. I love the stenciling, oh how I love the stenciling! I also love that beautiful butterfly and the way you have colored it up. Beautiful my friend! Welcome home!! Hugs, Brenda

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Just beautiful Carol. Love the colors - they scream spring. I am ready. As always, you rock the butterfly. Simple and beautiful and classy.

Pam said...

So lovely! Butterfly - check. Blue & green - check. Stenciling - check. Just simply beautiful! xo

Miriam Prantner said...

Very pretty! I love the soft stenciling and the colors you used for your butterfly.

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Love how vibrant that butterfly is, and how subtle your stencil background is--the contrast works so well.

Jinny Newlin said...

So simply stated and absolutely scrumptious! Great use of the palette!

Greta said...

Love how you colored the butterfly--beautiful card, Carol!

Petra Swart said...

Your butterfly is simply stunning, Carol - love how you coloured it!!! And the soft stenciled bg is just perfect to have your butterfly shine!!! Beautiful!!!
Have a great week!!!!
Hugz

Peanut said...

I am soooo loving your colouring. So soft... so magical. Great job, Carol!
hugs Asha

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty - love your partial stenciling

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Carol!! I love the soft coloring on your background and that butterfly looks incredible too!! :) HUGS

Geri said...

Sweet inspiration photo, sweet card! Love this color combo - so refreshing! Beautiful butterfly! I adore the stenciled backdrop and the awesome sentiment. The long 'tail' of the 's' creates awesome 'movement'.

Great to hear that you have your 'wheels' back on the road!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Carol! I love that beautiful butterfly on the stenciled background! Wonderful card!

shirley-bee said...

So pretty with the stencilled background :)

Anonymous said...

OMgoodness this is so so pretty!!!!

Marybeth said...

You card is amazing Carol! Love that background ! Welcome home and so sorry about the car troubles , not fun!

Kay Miller said...

Oh how pretty! So glad to see you breaking out the butterflies for spring :) Love that beautiful stenciled background too! Such lovely work! ((Hugs))

Mimi said...

Great use of Cupcake Inspiration colors... They haven't "spoken" to me yet (well, not in a way I like...) But you made them all cute a spring-y!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Just love this pretty little butterfly against the stenciled background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your schedule exhausts me Carol! So glad you had time to spend out west with hubby family and I am so sorry about your car issues--such a drag. Your card today, is so gorgeous, as expected. Your stenciled background is lovely with the butterfly!

Kylie said...

I ADORE the butterfly in those colours! Wow, these cards are amazing! xx

Shelly said...

So pretty, Carol! Love that butterfly!

Bobby said...

I never tire of seeing your stenciled backgrounds and lovely butterflies, Carol.

Deborah Frings said...

Awesome! I think this is so pretty. Love the stencilled background and that butterfly is just wonderful. Great work. So, sad that I didn't get chance to play this week. Some of my favourite colours!! Deborah x

Naki said...

The background is SO.PRETTY.!!! Your butterfly is colored so beautifully, I cannot wait for spring! (not that this winter has been bad...) Another gorgeous card, Carol!