Sunday, August 11, 2013

Warm Thoughts...MUSE #29

I'm baaack!  Yet another fabulous day: an outing with my folks, followed by an outing to Fort Edmonton with my niece and nephew, and my brother and sister-in-law.  I'm feeling really, really blessed spending this precious time with people I love, love and love!  The only thing that would make it better is if my husband were here.  Then again, it's because he's not here, that I have this opportunity, so..hmmmmm.  Oh well, I miss him plenty, and that's what matters!!

I haven't joined in MUSE challenges for a while, but Challenge #29, with the beautiful rose-adorned card created by the incredibly talented Laurie Wilson, caught my eye.


I puzzled, hemmed, hawed and all-around wasn't sure what direction to take...until today.  Somewhere in my recent shopping ventures, I bought a pad of Bo Bunny's Family Is Collection.  Yes, "Family Is"...everything!

Here's my take, inspired by Laurie, and conveying exactly my thoughts of late: warm and wonderful.  Oh yes, I'm missing my husband plenty, too!!


Simple...

Thanks for dropping by; please let me know you did! Your comments add sparkle to my day!





9 comments:

Shannon J said...

Simple...and SO SWEET! The card, and the motivation for making it! YES, family is everything! I love that you used the "together" so beautifully with the sentiment It just says and means SO much! Your day sounds like it was reflective of the card - warm and wonderful, together with your oh so special family! I know Mr. C. would have loved to have shared they joy of day with you...won't be long now until he'll be back though!!!

Kylie said...

Sounds like you are well and truly making the most of your time together with your family. These are the memories you will treasure. :)

Speaking of a treasure....LOVE this card! I am going to have to get that notepad die! It is awesome. The colours are so pretty and the sentiment is just perfect - warm thoughts for the warm colours. Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen M said...

I love your card and the papers are so pretty:) hugs xx

Joyce said...

This is such an awesome card. I just love the papers you chose, and those butterflies are the perfect embellishment.

kathrynlogue said...

Love your card! The colours are so pretty and I love those butterflies! ( I feel some shopping approaching.......!). Sending you warm thoughts too! x

Ardyth said...

Lovely - great dimension from the butterflies! Thanks for playing with this week's Muse!

Geri said...

Oh, swoon...another awesome combination of gorgeous papers! Love how you have incorporated the words on the DP into your layout! The popped up butterflies rock!!!

First batch of company left yesterday and Brady is now back in Canada (yay) and on her way home as early as Friday! I can hardly wait! So, will lilely be MIA for at least another two weeks :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hope you'll see your Hubby soon! Love your take on Laurie's card. The squares in the background are wonderful.

Thanks for the super sweet comment on my African Violet card!!! :)

Greta said...

What a wonderful way to use that inspiration card, Carol! This is terrific! Hope hubby is also having some fun & I'm sure he's missing you big time!