Sunday, November 3, 2013

Penguin Christmas...CASology Week 68, Crazy 4 Challenges, The Paper Players #170, Sweet Sunday Sketch #196, Simon Says: Anything Goes

Again, a last minute parachute in with a a card that I planned yesterday after inventory of my Christmas revealed a little penguin stamp that is 100% NBUS.  Of course, penguins are black, so it fits the CASology Cue Card Challenge, and they're also white, so it fits Crazy 4 Challenges, where black + white, plus one splash of colour, is on the agenda.  Penguins are also wildlife, which just happens to be The Paper Players Challenge (how clever..perhaps my TAWS sasquatch may make an appearance...).  Themes and colours done, meant I needed a sketch; Sweet Sunday Sketch #196 

fit the 'bill' perfectly.  Simon Says: Anything Goes is the final destination.

A little penguin Christmas love:


It's snowy outside, the skies are grey, the air is crisp, but my husband's home (tinkering on his bike) and I get to make cards.  Fabulous!!

Oh, just while you're here:  any ideas on where I could maybe - if such things exist - get some Care Bear (the cute teddies with the emblems on their tummies) stamps (or patterned paper, even) to make a Christmas card for my niece?  My dad's planning a poem, and my card-making skills have been summoned. Good call on Pa for knowing 'exactly' what his little audience will love.   Thanks for helping me out...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments are welcome and appreciated!


9 comments:

Lin said...

Love this black, white and red design! Thanks for shring it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Judy1223 said...

Carol, what a fun Christmas card! The heart is a perfect fit in between the penguins! So glad to have you playing along at CASology!

Greta said...

Such a sweet card, Carol. Afraid I don't know where to find Care Bear stamps, but maybe you could print an image from the internet or find a store bought card & cut out the Care Bear. Love that your dad writes poems for your family holiday cards. Have a great week!

Shannon J said...

How did you manage to fit this so perfectly into so many challenges?!! Well the answer is obvious!!! You are a creative genius! That stamp is adorable and the heart looks like its pumping off the page! Glad to hear hubby made it back from the big smoke okay! Wish I could help you to find a care bear stamp...but I have no idea :(. Maybe you could find an image on line and print it like patterned paper? A last resort anyway...!!! Good luck on the care bear search!!!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Adorable card! the black and white with a touch of red is stunning!

Virginia L. said...

Truly LOVELY, Carol! What a DARLING image and I love how you used the pattern paper for this design!

LeAnne said...

This is the cutest little pair of penguins! What great background paper too! So fun! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players challenge this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!! Hope to see you again!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ps, thanks for your visits to me!!!! .. And I know I will see you this week!!!! Ha!! I am sure you have something equally adorable for BROWN!! I found it hard!!