Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Case of a Case: Hope and Joy...WPlus( Monday Mood Board #23, 4 Crafty Chicks #169: Anything Goes

Happy Sunday afternoon - I'm back from the craft fair, and I'll share more of my findings - the gift I found for my 1 1/2 year old nephew in particular - a bit later. For now...

Grey Cup Sunday in our *neck of the woods* today. I can't claim to be devoted to watching games during the season, but when this championship rolls around, I definitely join the cheering squad. No Alberta team (much to my mom's dismay: she is a football fan) in the grand finale, so I'm not sure who to root for: the Saskatchewan Rough Riders, representing the west, where I live, or the Hamilton Tiger Cats, from the east, just because.  Once my husband comes home from the biathlon competitions, I'll make my decision, because an ice cream bet is on the line.

The so talented Meredith, over at A Delightful Waste of Time blog (love that name!) is the November guest designer for WPlus9, and she has been sharing some incredibly beautiful cards, filled with all manner of inspiration! Early in the month, I asked if she'd consider making a card or two using some older WPlus9 sets, specifically, the Seasonal Sentiments "Peace-Hope-Joy" dies, since they're in my collection.  I sent her a photo of one of 'attempts' - a pretty clear sign that, yep, I desperately needed help!  Imagine my delight, and surprise, when this week, she answered my request with a most fabulous post, and a case - yes, a case! - of the card I shared.
Here's mine:
                                      and Meredith's:

Her card is pretty++++ So, using her case of my card, I decided to case her's: a case of a case, cased (or something along those lines...).

I used the Monday Mood Board as inspiration,
which I had some concerns about entering, initially, because...well, it's the whole Christmas cards only diet I'm sticking to, and these colours posed a challenge in that realm.  The 'insight" moment came when I spotted some coral, green  red  patterned papers in the Studio Calico Wonderland pad I have. Perfect! I'm also entering at 4 Crafty Chicks #169: Anything Goes.


I made a second card, simply because the Silver Bells die + stamps are so wonderful:


Here they are together...some old WPlus9 and some new...LOVE my WPlus9!!


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!









10 comments:

Shannon J said...

I am SO impressed that you even know who's in the Grey Cup! I had NO idea myself!! I'm hearing more about the freezing temps than who's in the game!! Love that your Mom is a fan!!!
Well, I may not be a football fan, but I'm a HUGE fan in one area for sure - your cards!!! Again, these are simply awesome! Love the re-case! What a fab way to keep challenging yourself and learn from others! Love how you mixed the height and width of the banners up - great, fun, festive result!! I am still loving that bell too, and the coordinating branches. Love that you backed them with some super pretty papers, but let them shine as the focal point!

Happy Dance said...

How very cool! That Meredith is a peach, isn't she?!! Her case of your card is gorgeous, and your case of, no, wait. Oh Heck! Your card is lovely too!!! And your bell card is amazing! I'm right there with you; I love WPlus9 stamps and dies. Must order more soon. Sounds like a nice, quiet footballish evening for you. I started crafting, but only after the housework, after church... Company's comin' for Thanksgiving!! Great cards, Carol. Keep it up - I can't wait to see what you create next. Bev

Tamie said...

Incredible creation! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Marlena M. said...

Your cards are beautiful Carol~lovely movement and design!

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is all this? Love your original Wplus9 card and how Meredith cased it...then your case, I LOVE. super pretty! Love how you just whipped up another card since you had the supplies out...awesome cards! You must have quite the holiday stash!

Stephanie said...

Love all the casing going on and with such marvellous results! Such clever and beautiful use of pattern paper and dies - a fabulous assortment if cards :) xxx

Geri said...

Good golly Miss Molly, you sure do shine! (at least I think that is how the words of the song go!) BTW, I spent a total of 45 seconds watching the game (and it was actually a quick run to the TV to see Hedley perform!). Spent the day in the craft room too!

You must be absolutely thrilled to have Meredith case your card! She is one talented lady who obviously knows talent when she sees it!!!

You returned the favor beautifully in your version. Gorgeous colors - the brown totally ROCKS! You're on fire girl. Waiting with bated breath to see more beauties!

Greta said...

Now that is something else--she Cased you & you Cased that one--love it! Neat cards--your mojo is in overdrive, Carol!

Anonymous said...

Wow, casing galore, Carol ... how fabulous to have your original card cased by Meredith ... and then to pile more talent on the top, you recased it ... amazing! I love the 'hope' with the wee snowflake on each one! Waiting with baited breath to hear about the craft show! Anita :)

Kim S said...

Don't you just love the sharing that goes on with we cardmakers??? I told you on your first "hope" card that I was pulling those dies out again and definitely using them. Now I have even more inspiration!