Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hope, Joy, Joy...Monday Mood Board #22, Deconstructed Sketch #126

We're back from our hike. After a couple hours home, I'm finally partially thawed (I can type, finally. Just to be clear: despite living in our wintery climate that lasts seven months of the year, I am not a winter fan. Not.), cookie-and-tea fueled, and cozied up in a warm woolen blanket, ready to share some cards that were inspired by WPlus9 Monday Mood Board #22.  Gorgeous, soft, pretty: the image, as you can see, offers so many inspiration points - and isn't the wee partridge in a pear tree on the lower left just so darling!


Recently, I bought a last year's release from WPlus9 - the Hope*Joy*Love dies - and they are, in a word, amazing!   They're 'robust' and pretty, and for my cards, layering several cuts to create a chipboard thickness was easy. So, the inspiration image + new 'oldies' + goal to make cards for my mom's craft fair = three cards.

Each one is inspired in some fashion by the Mood Board, and with that as a starting point, I went in search of, and found, sketches to help me along. As is pretty obvious with me: sketches are my must have! These are 'first tries' with the dies (hope I do them some justice) and oh, I already have down-the-road ideas for them.

Card 1: simple tag on a lacy-designed pattern-paper, and some pink. In real life, the contrast in colours is more evident and the images less flat. My photography skills need attention...

Second card is inspired by pink, and the lace, which you can see in the patterned paper on my tag. The sketch is from last week's CAS(E) this Sketch #52, which is just wonderfully versatile...


My third is another Joy card, inspired by the blue and kraft, paired with the sketch from Deconstructed Sketch #126


Yes, my cards took 'curious' directions when you compare them to the inspiration photo, but as Dawn suggests, go "wherever the inspiration takes you."  LOVE my WPlus9 words...and I have Silver Bells dies and stamps awaiting attention, too...

Off to find another blanket...I need more cozy...

Thanks for your visit and comments; you've added sparkle to my day.










10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you're been busy!! These are adorable...I love how you used the snowflakes in the words. Super cute :)

Geri said...

Yowzers girl....if this is what a bit of cold does to you, then it was well worth the risk of frostbite! These cards are all amazing! I think they are perfect interpretations of the sketches! The curious directions definitely led you down the right path!

Now I could write a book on what I love about each card, but then we would both be here for hours so I am going to pick my fav of each card...ok?
1) Love the white inked edges on the tag...oh and the coral colored joy (ooops. that 2 things)
2) the embossed background and the snowflake in the middle of the "O" (oops, 2 again)
3) the gorgeous sheet music paired with the pretty striped paper (oh, and the red heart...yep, 2 again!)

So I will stop here but just gotta say one more time that these cards are all stunning crafty creations :)

Greta said...

These are just wonderful, Carol! That snowflake embossing folder is gorgeous--wish I had one like that!

Marisa said...

I have that word die set and LOVE it!! Can't wait to pull it out again. Lovely work on all of your posts today :) Where in AB do you live?

Shannon J said...

Tea and cookies, and a cozy blanket - a perfect winter delight! Good for you for even going on the hike...it would have been so tempting just to go straight to the tea and cookies, sans the hike!!!
I am loving these over and over again! Don't you love when a word is the focus, the embellishment, the meaning, and the inspiration all at the same time?!! Quadruple duty! You have beautifully designed every one of them with sparkle and magic!

Anonymous said...

Fresh crisp air must help in the creative process, Carol ... these are all fabulous! Love how the words are the focus in each one ... so much yummy texture and I adore the snowflakes over the o's! Anita :)

~amy~ said...

rockin' the christmas cards...love them, you've been busy!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These are all fun missy! Love that cool tree! I hope things are looking up for you!!!!!

Kylie said...

Maybe I will give up creating and just have you make things for me. All of your cards are just so gorgeous. I've missed seeing your creations!

Kim S said...

It's a sad statement on the size of my collection, but those dies had been a favorite of mine and I had forgotten them. Fantastic inspiration you have provided. Each card is so different yet each works perfectly in showcasing the words with their cute little snowflake!