Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas Stars...Unscripted Sketches #232 and Just Add Ink: #193 Inspiration Challenge: Stars

Happy  Friday!  Hope everyone is having a fabulous day, spending time with family and friends as part of US Thanksgiving festivities, or enjoying the finale to what was most likely another hectic, past-by-quickly week, or taking full advantage of Black Friday sales, or a combination of all three.  I *may* have done a wee bit of purchasing earlier today ;-)...maybe…and the weekend is but young.  Mr. Visa appears far too ready for more outings, so who knows where our ventures may take us.  If  anyone has scoped out some amazing deals on inks, that include reasonable shipping rates, please let me know, as I may be interested, as in jumping up-and-down interested. Craft shopping: Too. Much. Fun. 

Anyway, 'tis Friday, everyone is busy, some links are about to close, I’ll be quick…

Earlier this week, I had a brilliant idea for this week’s Unscripted Sketches #232 challenge. 

Two goals were on my “to accomplish” radar: focusing on the sentiment, a technique that the oh-so-talented Kimberly has mastered wonderfully, and striving for clean, uncluttered images, with simple colours – white, kraft, gold, ivory.  Brilliant idea, uh huh, uh  huh, I liked it (my plan, that is).  Busted out my new Cuttlebug birch tree embossing folder, my WPlus9 snowflake and sentiment, white cardstock, a snippet of gold foil, and went to town. Oh, but that birch folder is so pretty, however…

Just as I was putting the finishing touches on my card, I looked, for the umpteenth time at the sketch, and that’s when I realized..oops, as in ooops x 1,000000!! Background was wrong! Trees = upright; sketch = diagonal lines. Gahhh…Here's my 'wrong' card - proof of how observant I'm not...


Brilliant idea, uh uh, uh uh… I blew it! back to the drawing board. And this time, the background does have diagonal lines…and an inlaid star because I found a delightful challenge where stars are this week's theme:  Just Add Ink #193: Inspiration Challenge.


  My card is white...my camera is naughty...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!!

14 comments:

Shannon J said...

These are breathtakingly gorgeous, Carol! The birch die stole my heart as soon as I saw it - there is no *mistaking* on this one - it's perfect! Then I made my way down to the next card, and my heart beat even faster. Absolutely stunning!!! Like whoa, crazy stunning!!! Detailed with that inlaid star...A+++++++++++++!!!

~amy~ said...

These are both awesome...love the embossing! glorious white cards!

Geri said...

Two more STUNNING creations! I think the star card has taken over top spot on my "Favorite Carol cards" list. The birch tree EF is awesome! I'm quite sure the Unscripted gals would have been thrilled with your card just the way it was...cuz heck, they are such a sweet group of women who love being part of this fun craft and love seeing the direction sketches can take.

I'm with Shannon - the star card is 'crazy stunning'.....the way you have it sneaking in (or out) of the square stitched mat is sheer creative genius AGAIN! Yep, winner, winner on this (these) cards!!!

Do I have your permission to CASE these beauties cuz I am scrambling for ideas for the Inspiration Hop!!!

Christine Blain said...

These are both really beautiful cards, Carol. Glad we could provide some inspiration for you ... but I do think your first card would still be accepted for the challenge for which is was intended! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Carol! 2 fabulous cards! I love the cut out for the star & those wonderful embossed trees!

Anonymous said...

I adore the stunning white and gold 'wrong' card, Carol ... simply breathtaking! Star card .... clever, clever, clever ... the way the star is perfectly nestled into the stitched mat sentiment panel ... wow! Anita :)

KimB said...

Oh I love that inlaid star Carol, what a great detail! and the diagonal scored lines make a fabulous background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love that star panel Carol, such a great effect and 2 beautiful CAS cards! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

Unknown said...

lovely! i've missed so many of your beautiful creations! i love the inlaid star, embossed lines and shaped panel. gorgeous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both are fabulous cards but I really love the star inlaid with the sentiment - great effect! thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Fiona said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Is the stitching real or faux...whichever, it's fab.

Jodene said...

I think both of your cards are beautiful, but I really love that inlaid star in the second card it's so effective! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink :)

Kim S said...

It may have been a mistake but you got two gorgeous cards out of it! I love that tree background and I love that you have only added a simple sentiment and small snowflakes - so clean and fresh. And you star embedded into your sentiment piece is a wonderful look!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this card carol!!!! Thanks for adding it to the Gallery, I noticed my Comment didn't stick from before, (PESKY THINGS!) so here I come again!!!

I LOVE the embossing and poo on the naughty camera taking low light on your card! Bahh.. That bugs me when I do that too!!! Have a great day Carol!!!