Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Tracey!...Cards-by-the- Happy Birthday, Seize the Birthday, Seize the Sketch #7


Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Traaaacccceeyyy…
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!

What a planner extraordinaire Joyce is for creating this celebration to mark your special day - and the selection of cakes she's offered: WOW!  Tempting, tempting! You, Tracey, are ever so deserving of this recognition.  Although I've *known* you for a fairly short time, my first visit to your site back in August revealed that you were amazing.  Every trip back confirms this initial impression;  repeatedly, I come away awed and inspired by your seemingly infinite creativity and talent.  Indeed, because of you, I am a full-on Lil' Inkers fan; how I made cards pre-rectangle mats, I have no idea!!  Thank you for that welcome (and much needed)  connection.

Your comments on my blog add sparkle to my day.  Thank you immensely for sharing your gifts - of creativity, of warmth, of encouragement, of support - with all of us!!

My card for you features brand new VERVE products that I had the honour of winning last month.  Their arrival on Friday was ever so timely with your birthday today!  I hope you like my 'interpretation' of the poppy birthday set.  Of course, I needed a sketch to help me out: Seize the Sketch #7 to the rescue. 
 Your card's also heading to Seize the Birthday. 




Hope your day was celebrated merrily and heartily; hope you received the 'royal treatment' from your family and friends; hope that you know, from all of us, what a gem you are!  Happy Birthday!!!

ETA:  In the midst of my posting last night,  I forgot to add one more inspiration challenge to the list:  CASE Study #164.

Thanks so much for dropping in; your visit and comments are ever so appreciated!








17 comments:

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I, too, need a sketch to get started. I love all the stitched rectangle die cuts you used--you know Tracey so well. Thank you so very much for joining in on all the fun for Tracey's birthday linky party.

Darnell said...

Funky and fab roses, Carol! They are sure to delight Tracey! Glad to see you took advantageous of the opportunity to use that NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

awwwww...this is gorgeous! She's going to LOVE it!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the layered flowers and your great border. I'm sure Tracey will love it. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Greta said...

What a lovely card, Carol! This is just perfect to celebrate Tracey's birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this paper and your blooms rock!! Terrific card, Tracey will love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining my linky blog hop party. I am so overwhelmed today by all the fantastic crafters who have come to say hello to me on my birthday. Yes I don't know how we existed without stitched mats and you have used them perfectly here. Love the poppies and the flag banner and the patterned papers! xoxo

Shannon J said...

Pretty beyond words, Carol - seriously!!! Those blooms are gorgeous! I an head over heels in love with this! What a special treat for Tracey on her birthday! You are the sweetest!!!

Marlena M. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Carol~lovely colors and border! I don't have stitched mats yet~you may have given me another push in that direction. ;)

Virginia L. said...

The white embossing looks amazing!! I love that you paired them up with the stamped background (wow!), Carol! Your words are so fitting for Tracey! And thank you SO much for your kind comment over FSS!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous floral fantasy, Carol ... and wonderful words for Tracey ... what a brilliant way to celebrate with her! Anita :)

Beverley said...

Super pretty, love the colours & fabulous combo of challenges. Hugs Bev x

Michelle said...

This is so sweet! A beautiful combination of textures and colors. Lovely!

Geri said...

Beautiful blossoms! Beautiful colors! Beautiful creation! What a gorgeous card to honor Tracey's birthday! Love the bold pops of green :)

...the sentiment...uh, how perfect is it...with the swirls in the script matching the swirls on the flowers!

Gorgeous creation dear friend!

I hear your white stuff never melted. Over a foot of snow just north of us, but so far we have evaded the white stuff (notice I said so far...)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty in pink! Love the beautiful roses! Thanks for joining along with Seize The Sketch challenge!

Maureen Merritt said...

Beautiful! I love the addition of the banner! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous! Love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!