Friday, November 8, 2013

Two More Newtons...Newton's Nook: Inky Paws 4, Merry Monday: Red, White, Aqua, Circles

Another series of catch-up posts, beginning with this one.  And yes, I am being naughty because once again, I'm entering into challenges for a second (ummm...maybe third, or more) time.  Yes: I am a challenge-hog right about now, however, in my defense (lame it may be), it is not entirely my fault.  Blame shifting, because #1. Who can resist the inviting sketch over at Inky Paws #4, and opportunities to showcase darling Newton?
#2.  Who can resist that sketch, sweet Newton AND the opportunity to feature him according to the delightful colours/shape over at the Merry Monday challenge:  white, red, aqua and circles?  

Resisting these cupcakes..whole 'nother challenge!!

Well, I can not.  So I didn't. I apologize (sort of) Here's my Newton, decked in his cozy red + white striped scarf...

The background paper is truly aqua (BG 25th and Pine...love!  Again my camera + lighting
are issue-causing! It's again a dull day, flurrying like crazy...winter is here.)

And, just because, I made another Newton, who is not entering any challenges (although I used, sort of, the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch #196). He's just being a cute kitty surrounded by coral, aqua and brown...



Thanks so much for dropping by and letting me know you did; you comments are welcome and appreciated!




16 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty!! I love how you used the red and aqua for a christmas card...plus newton is super cute :)

JoAnn said...

Both cards are very pretty. Love the adorable kitten and the red snowflake.

Shannon J said...

Awww, that kitty is just soooo adorable! I go to say - these are absolute perfection! Design, colours, placement, embellishment and paper choices...ALL spot on! Just fabulous, dang it! Thank you SO much too for the note this morning - cm notes are THE BEST!! xoxo

Marisa said...

Love kitties and love snowflakes so these two cards just make me smile :) A HUGE thank you for all your kind comments on my blog too ((hugs))

Bonnie said...

Newton is adorable and I especially like him with the red scarf and all that gorgeous aqua in the background! Thanks for bringing him over to Merry Monday!

Linda Callahan said...

Your little kitty is adorable no matter what colors he's dressed in! beautiful cards!

Wendy said...

Both cards are so cute, Carol! Love your cute little kitty and those pretty papers! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Karen Davis said...

Your card is so adorable and will definitely give the recipient the warm fuzzies!! A lovely design. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Greta said...

Oh how adorable these are, Carol! I have to get some stitched mats--just love them!

Anonymous said...

Mmm ... stitched mats, fabulous colours, glorious glittery snowflakes, gorgeous DP and such a cute cat = adorable, fun, cute ... such sweet cards, Carol! Anita :)

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are wonderful Carol, the little cat is so cute. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Lesley said...

So very cute! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Jennifer Jackson said...

More PURRfect holiday cards, Carol! Thanks so much for linking up to our Inky Paws Challenge!! Love these adorable little square cards.

Geri said...

Okay...my two absolute favorites of what I have seen tonight! Of course, I'm a hopeless cat lover so these two cards had me 'awe-ing' out loud! Both kitties are colored to pretty and must be toasty warm in their sweet striped scarves. Love how you varied your design layouts - sure shows how a bit of a tweak here and there can totally change the card! Lovin' the pink!!!

Kylie said...

Newton is so darned cute! I'd be wanting to create with him too. Gorgeous cards! :) Your blog is a feast for the eyes!

Kim S said...

Perfectly done! Your cards yesterday with the mischievous kitties were so bright and cheerful. I love the soft colors that you have used with this sweet kitty.