Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dear Santa (X 2)....CAS(E) this Sketch #54, Just Us Girls #215, Pixie's Snippets Playground, Less is More

Hello,

A brief zip back in to share two cards sharing similar elements.  When I saw this week's CAS(E) this Sketch #54,

 and embarked on a variety of 'starts' (and subsequent recycles/re-uses), I remembered my mini folder dies. Play time!

First card is for the following challenges: CAS(E) this Sketch #54, Pixie's Snippets Playground: Week 99 (such a delightful place!), Less is More: Use Designer Paper in a CAS Way (I know...me entering a 'cas' challenge.  I hope I'm not too far off base - if I am, just let me know and I'll scoot away) and Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November: Anything Goes.


The second card is for the same challenges, with the addition of Just Us Girls #215, colour challenge of red, kraft, white and brown. 

The brown is on the 'inside" of the folder; hopefully, you can see the tab...

Here they are side-by-each:


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!






20 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super adorbs Carol. I LOVE the folders, and they are stitched, and they have doublesided pattern --Coolsville! I just love it when you pop by my blog!

It us SUPER encouraging! I sometimes wonder why I craft, it is because I must breather, I must. So thanks for being here where we all can make it happen for us everyday!

Shannon J said...

You totally hit CAS on the mark, Miss Carol!! I love these! Love the "office" look, like something "from the desk" of sending a very serious memo to a Mr. S. Claus!!! Brilliant, and just so sweet! Just like you ;)

Chrissie said...

Simply terrific cards!
Just love them!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Betty said...

Great cards are so cool. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

~amy~ said...

How fun, love seeing them side-by-side! Both are great! love the design!

Sarn said...

Absolutely delightful cards. Love the CAS layout.
xxx

Di said...

Fantastic! LOVE the CAS look of both cards, and the 'stitching' is a great finishing touch!

Hugs, Di xx

Marisa said...

Great use of the colours, Carol. Love the different looks between the two cards using the same items. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so sweet! I love the little file folders!

Anonymous said...

CAS + you, Carol ... yep, totally works for me! Fabulous side by side cards! Anita :)

Darnell said...

Fantastic cards, Carol! Your are handling these challenges like a pro!! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Love your little folder in your cards...so clever!! Not sure which one I like best. Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls.

Happy Dance said...

I'm so far behind dear friend....trying to catch up tho... Two sweet little folder cards, Carol. You always manage to put together the sweetest and most fun cards. Love those dps! Great designs, great cards. Bev

scrappymo! said...

Two great cards...Great use of snippets too!

Becky Carafa said...

Love these, really cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments.

Greta said...

2 sweet cards, Carol--looks like you're doing pretty good getting them made! The hardest part for me is now I actually have to write in them & address the envelopes--not my favorite part--LOL!

Marlena M. said...

Those lil' folders are PRECIOUS Carol~love your cards in both colors!

Geri said...

...google just ate my post....I think (sorry if it shows up twice).

Now THIS is what creativity is all about! You have turned a mini folder die into two amazing Christmas cards!!! Beautifully clean and simple, amazing DP selection, and awesome design. The "Dear Santa" on the notebook paper....beyond clever and totally cute!!! Great choice of sentiments (the fonts seem to be in total harmony with the colors that you used)

I'm calling winner, winner on these cards!

Kim S said...

These are GREAT CAS cards!!! What a fantastic idea! I love Santa's file folders and am quite grateful that the recipient is 98% nice!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x