Thursday, November 14, 2013

"This is the day..." Merry Monday #83, Festive Friday #21, Reverse Confetti November SFYTT, Deconstructed Sketch 126, Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge

Rushing in this morning to share a card set that I made, and since two are destined for Reverse Confetti’s November Sketch for You to try, I’m under the wire!

Last July, on our way to Bend OR (love X love Bend…), we spent the night in Kennewick, WA, where, the following morning, I went for the first time to Hobby Lobby. WOW!  During my ‘*15 minutes only* of assigned shopping time (which I had to impose, because left to my own devices, I’d likely still be there, wandering the aisles, shopping, wandering...!), I found a stamp that I knew would make my mom smile because it captures the essence of Christmas.  I’m all about making my mom smile…

In an effort to create a bunch o’ cards for my mom to send out or take to her neighbourhood Senior Care centre craft fare, I’ve decided to make at least two, maybe three of each card.  In this case, I made three ‘different’ cards, each featuring the same stamp.

Without further ado:
I’m loving the colours at Merry Monday #83, 


Oh, to have cupboards filled with these delights...

and used that combination for two of my cards, pairing one with the wonderfully versatile sketch over at Reverse Confetti.and the other with Deconstructed Sketch #126

Merry Monday + Reverse Confetti:


Merry Monday + Deconstructed #126


My third card uses the colour combination from Festive Friday (red + white + aqua = pretty+++) and a repeat of the Reverse Confetti sketch


.
All three cards use Hero Arts Grenadine Note Cards - such a pretty deep red shade, in real life...)


I’m also sharing over at Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge #98, which I visited, finally yesterday (emerged from under the rock!!) Special thank you to Darnell, who's a loyal Pixie fan, for tthe 'connection' incentive.  What a wonderfully inspiring site!  I commented on Di’s amazing W-O-W card (white-on-white and it is WOW, WOW, WOW) asking if I could join in the fun. Moments later, she responded with a most warm, welcoming YES.  Request made; invitation accepted, with delight and gratitude!  (Be sure to checkout the "rules"...you'll love them!!). 

Three cards heading to mom; sure hope she likes them! I may make a few more for her, too, with this stamp and a similarly themed sentiment from Verve.  Joy, rejoicing and family: for me, that's *Christmas*.

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

21 comments:

Di said...

Wow, these really are lovely cards! Such gorgeous colours and a beautiful verse. I bet your Mum and her friends will love them.

I'm blushing and giggling here - such sweet things you said. We're delighted to have you aong to play with us in the Snippets Playground - and hope you come back often. Maximum of three links a week - I truly think that's almost our only (still not written up) rule, tee, hee. As I said, no wonder it's often mayhem in the Playground. Mind the girlies who loiter with illicit liquid refreshments behind the bike shed - they fink I don't know but Parsnip the bear (our mascot) is a proper little squealer :))

See you again soon cm!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Me again - I ought to have called you Carol. We only have one other Carol and she's Carol L - the Playground is growing a bit so grab just Carol while you can :)

Byeeeeee, hugs, Di xx

Unknown said...

great cards ;)

Di said...

Hi my sweet girl!Such kindt comments. You will fit in very well and be loved by our little Playground pixies I'm sure :) If not, tell me and I'll smack their rear ends (or as we say in the UK, BUMS!! - wash my mouth out). I just had a whole 30 minutes minus back pain - wahooooo :)) On the mend I hope.

Hugs

Di xx

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful cards, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Di said...

I just read your comment and almost did my back in again laughing! Do NOT mention geese in the Playground as they love all sorts of livestock and would adore geese to add to the chooks and ducks - even if only so I would slip up in their 'calling cards' SIGH :(

Hugs Di xx...and I already have your card marked as a potential mischief maker.........wait until you befriend Mrs A, she's such fun on blogging and real life but a very bad girl ....... although secretly I do love her to bits - ssssshhhhh!! :))....

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite verses from Psalms, Carol ... and you've showcased it so beautifully ... such wonderful rich, festive colours! They're sure to go down a storm at your Mom's craft fair as people stampede to get their hands on them! Anita :)

Shannon J said...

Very sweet cards, Miss Carol! I LOVE that you wanted to buy and use the stamp because it would make your Mom happy! I can't imagine a better reason! She is going to LOVE these, and so are all of the fair-goers! They are going to fly off the shelves!!! And those delicate snowflakes are just making me melt! I'm off to check out Pixies now! Hope you're having a fab day :)

Ardyth said...

I love how you've taken scripture that's not traditionally Christmas and made it into a lovely and appropriate Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Bonnie said...

One of my favorite scriptures and one we all need to remember every day! Your Mom is sure to love all three of these cards, Carol! Thanks for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

scrappymo! said...

Looks great and your Mum will be happy! Great use of snippets!

Marlena M. said...

I love all three cards~your mom will too, Carol!

Di said...

Hi Carol

Thank you so very much for your lovely comment I just read here. I did take time to explain about that tricky-woo die although I do adore it and it's great that you sure read and appreciated it.

hugs, Di xx

Geri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors...so unexpected and soooooo refreshing! The stitched mats really do rock, don't they? These cards are exactly what I was talking about when I said that you have the natural ability to create masterpieces with the product you have on hand....like using pink for Christmas cards! Clever, creative and SO destined for the winner's circle!

Your mom better wear some type of protective gear to the bazaar to ensure that she isn't injured during the battles to snag these cards!

Geri said...

What a nice set you've come up with using that sentiment!!! I do believe the Festive Friday card is my favorite!!!;) Love the way you've used the colors...sweet layout, too! Thanks so much for joining us!!!

Life and Knits said...

Super cute! Love the mix of papers and the layout! I really should try sketches more. You're definitely inspiring me!

Susie

Greta said...

My mom loved that verse. Your cards are great & I know your mom will be thrilled! Gotta get to work on my MM card since I love the colors, too. Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Great layout, and I just love that snowflake! Thank you so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

~amy~ said...

Lovin' all of your cards...awesome work!

Karen Davis said...

You really are in the spirit of Christmas giving. Your mum will be delighted with these beauties.Love the Psalm Sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Lesley said...

Beautiful work here, festive goodness everywhere. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!