Wednesday, November 27, 2013

December Birthday...Verve November Diva Dare: Shape Up

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to my US visitors, and Happy Wednesday evening to everyone, in general.

Because I know so many of you are busy preparing for Thanksgiving celebrations, I'll pop in...and out...with a quick post and share.  Kind of a 'craft and dash'..

My mother-in-law's birthday is in December, so I decided to create a birthday card with some Christmas flavour, just to see...

This one is heading to Verve November Diva Dare: Shape Up challenge, where we're invited to create a card using a "common" shape: squares, circles, hearts, stars...So many possibilities, and if you check out the entries, as well as the Diva's cards shared over the past several days, you will be 'wow-ed,' guaranteed!.

My sketch inspiration is from Mojo Monday #320, that I missed playing with when it was 'live' but that's okay: it's timeless.


Verve hearts, banner and sentiment...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visits and comments brighten my day!








11 comments:

June Houck said...

What a beautiful paper combo and embossing! GORGEOUS!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the award banner die and the hearts! Thanks for joining us for the Shape Up Diva Dare :)

Shannon J said...

Ooooowwweeeee, that embossing is ah-maaaazing!! What a fabulous back drop to the equally amazing focal panels! Extra love the hearts...swoon!!! Such a sweet birthday/Christmas convergence...oh it makes me happy, and MIL will love it!!!

Darnell said...

I love your take on this timeless sketch, Carol! Your design elements all work so beautifully together. She will treasure this!! Hugs, Darnell

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! Such an awesome take on the sketch!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Anonymous said...

As ever, Carol, you've combined beautifully the DP, embossing and detail elements to create a fabulous card with such gorgeous colours ... your MIL is sure to love it! Anita :)

Michelle said...

Love those hearts! They are darling with those banners. You used my favorite Christmas papers. I love those things!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This entire combo is divine, the embossing and the DP works so perfectly.

Thanks so much for popping and all your well wishes this holiday! We relax alot, call family from afar and watch movies together.

Thanks for all of your visits and encouragement!
-Kimberly

Geri said...

Gorgeous! The three red hearts and the green banners mimic each other's design perfectly and create beautiful symmetry! Lovin' the DP too!

Now about the STUNNING white embossed panel....WOW! Is that an embossing folder or is it textured paper! Gotta know cuz I gotta get me some of "it".

Greta said...

Your MIL will love this beauty! What a great way to use that sketch, Carol--I really love this! I don't have any Verve products--maybe I need to add them, too--keep wishing I had what I see you use--LOL!

Marlena M. said...

CRAFT & DASH...LOL, I LOVE IT! ;) Gorgeous embossing and elements Carol~