Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Merry Christmas Poinsettia...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #293~Holiday (and a 'see you later')

Hello,

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #293~Holiday.


I'm joining the Muse: Christmas Visions 100th Challenge Christmas Party, where Chriss has offered this lovely card for inspiration:


So...confession time. I made the focal panel for this card - The Ton's gorgeous Cozy Poinsettia stamps and dies - back in November, but it experienced the dreaded Copic-blob mishap - and with a deep red to boot! Because the spurt happened when I was 'nearly' finished, I did my best to remedy the situation and set the poinsettias aside, suspecting they would likely wind up in the recycle bin. Of course, I promptly forgot about it...until a couple days ago, while going through my holiday-themed stamps, I discovered them safely tucked into the stamp/die envelope. A little 'tweaking' with the colours paired with a bit of splatter to minimize the appearance of the blobbing and...ta dahhhh.  Rescue mission *somewhat* successful! 


I'm sad to say that this is my final post as a member of the Addicted to Stamps and More Design Team. To say my time here has been incredibly rewarding and supremely wonderful is an understatement! It was an honour to be part of the ATSM family, playing alongside some of the best teammates ever! Thank you, Kylie, for having confidence in me; thank you, teammates, for being so welcoming and supportive. I will MISS you immensely!  On the plus side: I have every intention to play along in the challenges...so I'll end with my 'signature' closing:

See you in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


19 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Mishap or not (and I can't see it at all) - this is just stunning Carol! It is everything a Christmas card should be and a wonderful way to end your time at ATSM. It has been great working with you and I'm going to miss your gorgeous cards every two weeks. I wish you well in what comes next, and I'm sure we'll be bumping into each other in blogland.
Lots of hugs to you,
Carol x

Jeanne said...

Cannot see at all where the mishap occurred and wouldn't have been any the wiser had you not said anything. This is a gorgeous Christmas card. Those poinsettias are gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic. Wow! Thank you SO much for sharing. Hugs to you as you move forward onto your next adventure. :)

Gwendolyn said...

Ummm I don't see the blob but your "rescued" card is amazing! That red is truly beautiful. It was great to have you as a teammie here and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. I will definitely be seeing you around blog/insta land. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card, Carol!!! The bright red with tiny bits of green looks awesome and fit Christmas card beautifully. So sorry you are leaving the team. Hope to see you in the gallery very soon :)
Hugs!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous !!! I love your coloring and splatters! Truly beautiful ❤️
Thanks so much for linking to the gallery and joining in with us on the MCV 100th post celebration.

Trina P. said...

Eeeeepppp! Swooning over this stunning and breathtaking card, Carol! Your colouring is just gorgeous... so rich and vivid. Love it!
You’re going out with a bang! Good luck in your new ventures. xx

Birgit said...

Wow, I love the bright red color along with the white, classic and wonderful!

Julie B said...

Super take on the MUSE card Carol, I love a good poinsettia card.
You will be sadly missed here at ATSM for your friendly comments but you wont be that far away! ;)

Monika Reeck said...

Wowzaa the coloring of that flowers is woooww
I love love love Miss C
adorable colored and love the CAS design
A winner card for my eyes
and see you on my Blog post..ops wrong see you on the challenge gallery..and play along too at Creative With Stamps miss Carol
always so happy if you join us
hugs
Monika

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! What a stunning trio of poinsettias ! You're kidding when you speak about the mishap...where is it ? Can't see any on this gorgeous card. Love the depth you succeeded to give with the different red tones. A very eye-catching take on Chriss' card ! Bonne chance ! bises

Mimi said...

Hmmm... mishap? Nope, don't see it! Gorgeous holiday card!

Ardyth said...

Rescue mission immensely successful! This is so gorgeous with those deep colours! Thanks for joining us at MCV, Carol!

Bobby said...

Gorgeous spray of poinsettias and greens, Carol, and no sign of a mishap at all.

Sandy said...

Very nice card despite oops that I can't see.

Jeanne H said...

How wonderful the spray of poinsettias is centered. So pretty showing great color

Ina G said...

You tweeked perfectly as I can't see anything of a blooper. I so love poinsettias for Christmas and this ins just gorgeous Carol. Will niss you here but still Team Mates elsewhere. Look forward to seeing you 'in the Gallery'.

BrendaB said...

Gorgeous card! I can't see your ink blob at all - the spattering looks great!

Robyn Oliver said...

Carol is just a beautiful card, love the rich colours. Congrats on being part of the ATSM team and keeping on stamping

Marianne said...

Love the classic feel of your card. It's a good thing you held on to the unfinished versions, since I don't think that anyone will ever detect your earlier 'mishap'. I know I cannot spot it.