Friday, May 4, 2018

Peace Koi...Just Us Girls Challenge #439~Word Week: Shadow

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #439~Word Week, where our Sweet Sue has selected *SHADOW* as this week's prompt.


If you've come from - or are heading to - the challenge blog, you'll see an array of fabulous cards from our May Guest Designer, ultra sweet, talented Patti, from Stationery Styles, and my talented teammates: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria.

My shadow (perhaps hard to see, as some shadows are *grin*) technique is shadow - or generational - stamping. One Hero Arts Layering Koi is directly inked, while his companion is shadow inked. I did a wee bit of full-on inking for parts of the shadow fish, to smooth some blotchy bits, but not very much else. As long as I moved quickly, the second generation worked well. Oh, and I also used Hero Arts SHADOW inks! Double shadowing for me! Score!


Wishing You Peace this day, as I turn the stage over to you.

Looking forward to seeing your SHADOW creations in the gallery!


Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Anita in France said...

Calm and serene, Carol ... such a lovely card! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

Lovely card and I'm so proud of you for working in all those shadows, even the ink! Your card is indeed calm and serene as Anita noted. Well done! :)

Macimbalo said...

Great way to use "shadow" this week and I love that fish and how you stamped it - well, both fish, they are both stamped so perfectly! Shadow ink - now that was just so clever on top of shadow stamping! Lovely scene, like Anita said, very peaceful!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a fabulous card! The Koi fish look fantastic!

Ina G said...

This card is 'brilliant' Carol. Really love your take on shadowing. So clever. Gorgeous colours!

Marina said...

I love this card- it's beautifully coloured and so peaceful. I have this koi set - I have LOTS of koi stamps etc . My partner's parents are koi enthusiasts so I have to keep coming up with cards on a koi theme- so thanks for the inspiration!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love how you chose to Shadow! Love the 2 koi and how you stamped one then shadowed the other and extra cool that you used Shadow ink! Beautiful card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These Koi are very cool! Love the way they stamp~

Bobby said...

Who else would have thought of shadow inks, Carol. How clever of you. I can see the difference in the colors of the fish and I don't know how you got such great second generation stamping. It never works for me.

Patti said...

Awwwww Carol! you are too generous with your sweet comments and support! thank you for the warm welcome!! and for the inspiration on this delightful card!! I would NEVER have thought of doing a generational stamping for this challenge! but you never cease to amaze me friend : ) Beautifully done!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Nancy said...

OMG! Loveeeeee this card! Those fish are ultra fab too! You have so much talent Carol!