Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Uniko Studio May 2018 Release in Review Week - Flower Power #8 and Simply Said Blocks II

Hello,

Welcome to Day 2 of the Uniko Studio May 2018 Release in Review Week,where we're featuring Flower Power #8 and Simply Said Blocks II.


  

My first card uses a combination of Simply Said Blocks and Simply Said Blocks II sentiments. Yes, this took a while to create! Yes, some of my sentiments/rows are a wee bit crooked. Yes, I had a BLAST designing it, even if some sections/bits are askew!  I added a Simon Says heart for  dimension, along with a popped up 'Make A Wish" (design innovation to hide a little boo-boo...)


Flower Power #8 is performing on my next card, with a role inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #272:


Smitten with this 'spirograph-like' bloom and its pretty leaves...and yes, definitely quicker to design than the first one *grin*


Head over to see the pretty cards created by my talented teammie, Rahmat. Join us tomorrow for more showcases!

Also sharing at:

Always Fun Challenges #59~Anything Goes

Thank you for dropping by!


14 comments:

Jeanne said...

Does that first card look amazing? YES!! How fun that must have been to create. Love the pinks! And the heart. Thank you for sharing. The second card is equally delightful in its own way. Pretty posy, a scattering of petals and a lovely sentiment in a beautiful font. Winner, winner!! :) Hugs!

Deborah Frings said...

Love, love the bold reds and pinks on your first card. A perfect showcase of the Simply Said Blocks. Super die cut heart too. I do like the simplicity of the Flower Power card too. Another lovely showcase of the new release. Deborah, xxx

Patti said...

I have never shopped at Uniko! (will you still love me?) but girl you have enabled me in the best possible! way! I love these darling products and what you ahve done with them : )

Me AND my husband thank you! ... he just loves when I find new ways to spend his money heeheehee

Shelly said...

Oh, these are both so fun and cute!! Love them!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, Carol! On your first one, no one would ever know that you’re covering up an “oops” — the placement of that extra strip looks intentional and great!

MortiCraft said...

These cards are lovely. I really love the simply said blocks stamp set so I'm looking forward to getting this additions one and you have used them ingeniously!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are just so cute...but my heart goes out the second one! I love how you used the petals to interpret the sketch! Sweet!

2craftykaties said...

OMGoodness! I have made a card like that before and it was VERY time consuming but boy oh boy were the results AMAZING!! LOVE your card to the moon and back!

Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges for challenge #59 "Anything Goes"!

~DT Katie
2craftykaties.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

What a fun idea lining up all the block sentiments. Inspired! How much patience?! X

Julie B said...

Gosh the pink card must have taken you ages but is so worth it! The second is a fun take on the sketch. :)

donna mikasa said...

Carol!! I LOVE your first card and all those stamped sentiment strips! The crookedness (which I don't see) just adds to the charm of the card. And your second card is CAS perfection for the sketch challenge!

Bobby said...

I think I have some DSP that looks similar to your first card, Carol. I love the look of it and can imagine the time it took too plan it out and get it on straight. That sweet little flower is perfect for the sketch challenge.

Susanne Vargas said...

Absolutely love the background you created on the first card! Will definitely CASE that at some point! And the second card is a very sweet CAS card! Great showcase of the new stamps!

Izzy Scrap said...

Such a clever card ! Love this great background you've done with all the sentiment blocks ! What a patience you have ! The flower power #8 is also beautiful on its own and I love your take on the sketch ! x