Friday, May 18, 2018

You're Magical Cross-Stitch Unicorn...Just Us Girls Challenge #441~Colour Week

Hello,

I've been 'sort of'' home for three days (running errands, taking care of chores, generally re-acquainting myself with our house...) and apparently, Mr. Mojo was either left behind at our vacation spot or at the bike races from last weekend! Feeling rusty!  We're also at races this weekend (and the next and the next...straight through until nearly the end of October...and I LOVE it!), so perhaps he'll hitch a lift with one of the riders (or find a bike of his own to pedal). Sure hope so; I don't enjoy waning creativity!

Moving along...

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #441~Colour Week, where our sweet Lisa invites us to use a an aqua, navy and grey palette.


If you've come from - or are heading to - the challenge blog, you'll see an array of fabulous cards from our May Guest Designer, sweet talented Patti, from Stationery Styles, and my talented teammates: SueAngieVickiInaBobbyNancyLisaMaria.

My Waffle Flower Stitched Unicorn set pretty much fell into my lap during my which-image-to-use selection session. Given the current cross-stitch on cards trend, how could I resist? (Whilst on our travels, I "may" have invited a cross-stitch panel to join my collection, as cross-stitching was my craft of choice for years.  Keen to try my hand at stitching on paper once I'm a bit more settled...)

Isn't this unicorn darling? And the little hearts! Gotta love when the stamps do all the heavy lifting! Hmmmm...wonder if I might be able to transpose these images into 'real' cross-stitch...on my planning agenda for sure!


Your turn!

Looking forward to seeing your Aqua, Navy and Grey sensations in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


9 comments:

Jeanne said...

You are going to be one busy lady for a bit. Yay for you as I know you really enjoy the races. This card is so sweet. How fun that you are dipping back into cross stitch. I have the panels to die cut panels. Have to get to work on them one of these days. I think the image on this card is adorable and I just bet you can absolutely use it as a reference for stitching. I look forward to seeing what it looks like. ;) Thanks so much for sharing, Carol and have an awesome weekend! Hugs!

Aileen said...

fabulous card Carol, cross stitch unicorn, what next. So cute.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is this cross stitched stamped image! Fun use of the colors.

Shelly said...

This is so sweet, Carol!
Sure sounds like your schedule is busy, but fun times ahead! ;) Enjoy! Also, I'd say you're far from being rusty...though, I get what you mean about can't find your 'mojo'. ;)
Hugs

Ina G said...

Your unicorn card is truly Magical. Love the postage stamp die you used. Really makes an impact. Enjoy all those week ends away Carol. You sure are one busy bee. I think Mo and Jo were just playing tricks on you.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So cute! That little unicorn is so soft and pretty in the gray and aqua and I love how you stamped the sentiment over the star. This certainly doesn't look like you lost any of your mojo!

Lisa Kind said...

This is such an adorable card! I love these cross-stitch images! And this unicorn is super cute! Can't wait to see your "real" cross-stitching when you get to it!

Nancy said...

This would make one adorable baby card!!! Love Love Love!!!!

Bobby said...

He really wanted to be stamped, Carol, and the colors work perfectly for him. This is so cute. Cross stitch is one of the crafts I crossed off my craft list. Too tiny and too boring. ;)