Thursday, July 3, 2014

TIME OUT Guest Designer....TIME OUT Challenge #9: Inspired by Words~ Fun in the Sun

Hello!  Such an honour today to be joining the TIME OUT team as a guest designer! Thank you to Nonni, Sandie and the entire talented, inspiring, creative group for inviting me to "tag along"!  Their challenge - already on #9 - is pure fun; a reminder that in the midst of our busy lives, we need to take some 'time out' to play, create and all around, pamper and spoil our spirits to keep them fresh, positive and lively.  Sounds to me like a perfect recipe for happiness!
The spark for this challenge is Inspired by Words: Fun in the Sun.  The entire phrase, or individual words in the phrase, or 'feelings' that the phrase evokes...the possibilities are as wide and varied as your imagination chooses to soar.
My little share today was inspired by the phrase. The sun is something we so enjoy seeing in our mountain town, especially the glorious sunrises and sunsets it creates for us, over our majestic Rocky Mountains. As for 'fun'...you know that bikes - along with bike races - play key roles in our lives, so it just seemed fitting to include one.
Here it is: my Good Times "Fun in the Sun" tag:

Aside from the bike, which was stamped with SU ink, and the clouds, which are card-stock die-cut speech bubbles with the little doo-hickey cut off, everything else is sponged on water-colour paper (but NO water-colouring....eeek!).   I'm giving this to my niece when she (and my nephew, of course) comes to visit next week!! Woo hoooo...
Enough from me; head on over - or back - to TIME OUT, and join the fun!  Plenty of inspiration awaits to jump-start ideas and to showcase your take on "Fun in the Sun."
Thank you again, TIME OUT Team for inviting me to guest design! 
Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!


21 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Carol..I luuuvv this..so cute scene and the cloud I love it much..cute bike too very sweet TAG, I am just worry all is OK with you??? I never seen you hop to my blog again,...I think you must be so busy on your work...hope you have a bit time to hop to your friends blog again...I miss your encouragement..big big hugs from me in Germany..and love this cute tag..

sandie said...

Hi Carol, we are so pleased you joined us for this challenge. What a gorgeous scene you have created and really so perfect for you and how you describe your life! I like the texture the water colour paper gives this tag. Have a fun day x

Kim S said...

You have perfectly captured the fun of a simple bike ride!

Beverley said...

Super HAPPY to see you guest designing with us at TIME OUT Challenges & such a happy tag you've created. I love how you've interpreted your life onto your creation - beautiful :) Hugs Bev x

~amy~ said...

Yay! Congrats!
What a simply FUN tag! love the scene you designed!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful tag. Colorful and very summery.

Loll said...

OMG ... cute tag! Made me smile when I saw it! :) Perfect for the Time Out challenge! Loll xx

Anonymous said...

Hi C. Congratulations on the guest designer spot. Love your joyful tag, the colours, the sun, the bike... perfect fun. Also popping by to let you know that the videos on my blog should be live now. Sorry, forgot to publish them before going on holiday. Have a great weekend. Hugs Monika xxx

Nonni said...

This tag is so cute and perfectly "fun in the sun"! :) Thank you for being our guest designer, great to have you!

Brenda said...

This is the perfect "fun in the sun" tag Carol! I love the sun and the clouds and how cute is that bike?! Your sponging looks amazing. I loved how you made the clouds-very clever indeed and of course this tag couldn't go by without having a bike on it since it is a huge part of your lives.I just love this tag. How fun that your niece and nephew are coming over next week. Congrats on your guest DT spot too!!! Hugs, Brenda

Deepti said...

Congratulations on ur Guest Spot :) I love the summery feel of the tag!

Kim Heggins said...

A big congrats to you on your GD spot! So excited for you. And your tag is so stinkin' cute! I love your fabulous design and that bike looks like so much fun. Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend!

Taunya Butler said...

How fun - another GD spot!! You did a really SWEET job here with your tag - I love the bike and found the whole thing so very likable!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Are you kidding this is so fantastic Carol! Is there no end to your creative ideas! Love love love this!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot at Time Out, Carol ... what a totally cute tag! Your sweet sunshine scene is such a perfect interpretation of the 'inspired by' words! Hugs, Anita :)

Dana said...

Wow!! Awesome tag!! I love it, so so summery!! And congrats on the Guest DT!!!

Geri said...

WOOOWWWW! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tag!

My goodness girl, you're on fire! This is beyond spectacular! Your work is perfect - neat, tidy, perfectly placed, balanced, awesome color pairing and the best ever, perfectly stamped bicycle! This tags showcases your talent beautifully and is the perfect submission for your guest designer gig!

Unknown said...

Awwww, this is lovely!!! Very cool, very sweet and I love it!!! xxx

Greta said...

Absolutely adorable, Carol! I know the little sweetie pie loved it!

wienerhoneymooners said...

CONGRATS!! Well deserved guestie spot!!! HUGS!!!!

Shannon J said...

Eeeeeekk!!!! A GD stint too?!! OMG, I really do need to catch up!!! WTG!! And, um, you rocked it!! I LOVE how you were inspired...and love how you captured so much of that in the tag!! Even the scalloped border reminds me of the mountains! Really love how this came together...SO fun and the colours just say sunshine!! I bet Miss T LOVED it!!!