Monday, July 7, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KYLIE!!

Hello, Happy Monday and....I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!!  My husband and I traveled to visit his family over the weekend (we're heading home today), and in the hectic-ity of work, house-cleaning (we have guests arriving this week), packing and whatever else Disorganized Me was trying to deal with, I didn't get a chance to post 'this' card in a timely fashion!  Naughty me...I will put myself in the corner promptly on my return home!

The important date: the birthday celebration, organized by sweet and amazing Loll, for the talented, charming,creative Kylie, from Kylie is Addicted to Stamps, and also the hostess of Addicted to Stamps and More and Addicted to CAS.  She's also started a new forum, Happy Little Stampers. If you want inspiration, her blogs are the place to go!  Stencils, die cuts, mixed media, stamping, water-colour...you name it, she does it, with style, flair and panache.  She is one energetic designer for sure!!

For Kylie's card, I brought out my Birthday embossing folder, a gift from the awesome Kim, over at Cupcakes, Cards and Kim, and paired it with a sentiment from Neat and Tangled.  I added glossy enamels to the little hearts.


In real life, my card is far more turquoise than what you see here. Isn't that embossing folder a gem??

Kylie, hope your day was incredibly special, and the celebrations continue to spill over into this week, and the next, and the next!! Wishing you a year filled with absolute joy in every possible way!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!!













18 comments:

Brenda said...

Love the color combo Carol and love the card! Yes, this embossing folder is a gem and once I tend to use a lot. I love the hearts and the glossy accents on them. Love that font of the "thinking of you" as well. Boy you have a lot going on right now lady. I hope it all goes well and smooth and hey, better late than never so don't be standing yourself in the corner!! lol I had to stand hubby in the corner one time to show our granddaughter that yes, Papaw gets in trouble too sometimes! lol Hugs, Brenda

Taunya Butler said...

This card is so simple, happy and cute!! Totally love that embossing folder that you used here - where is that from? I would love to get my hands on one!! Love the turquoise color and the hearts are so much more adorable with the glossy accents on them!! Have an Amazing day!! Also, I hope your weekend went well!!

Loll said...

Hi Carol. Love all the amazing texture from this embossing folder. You know, I have the same one and have never used it (unfortunately, there are a lot of things in my studio like that) :( Anyways, you have inspired me ... I need to pull it out so it is visible and hopefully it will spark me to use it :)

Love it done in the beautiful turquoise. And I LOVE the stitched mat with your sweet sentiment and glossy hearts. The stitched mat dies from MFT have been on my wish list for a long time ... need to get them! :)

Thanks for coming to the party!! Loll xx

Kylie said...

Carol! LOVE this card!! Wow, that embossing folder is so cool. The colour is stunning. What a beautiful card, thank you SO much! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I am flattered you managed to squeeze this in! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfect card for Kylie Carol! I love that embossing folder, don't use it near enough! Great colour scheme.

sandie said...

Hi Carol, I was wondering where you had been! But back in style I see!! This EF is fab and the glossy accents just perfect for Kylie x

Kylie said...

A gorgeous card. Kylie is sure to love it! :)

~amy~ said...

So pretty, love the embossed base!

Anita in France said...

Oooh, beautiful colour, Carol ... all that glorious texture is fabulous, and I love the simple stitched sentiment panel with the cluster of sweet hearts ... such great impact! Enjoy those special guests! Hugs, Anita :)

Marisa said...

That is such a fun EF. Darling card with the added hearts by the sentiment.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Carol - you need an email somewhere - profile, on your blog - frustrating I can't contact you.[Just sayin] I wanted to say congrats on your STAMPloration WIN! Good for you! and thanks for visiting my blog :)

Geri said...

I have this folder and it has NEVER actually made its debut! I tried & tried but could never get it to look as amazing as you have here! I love this color cs - it really does showcase the ef well! Nice tidy little sentiment panel and a couple of wee hearts finish this off beautifully! Swell card pal!

Greta said...

Oh what a unique & wonderful birthday card, Carol!

Monika Reeck said...

you are so lucky girl to get a birthday embossing folder Birthday ....yes I love this folder too (from looking cause never touch folder for cuttlebug or other cutting machine)and because I have no die cut machine I was ever got this folder on a paper from a friend hehe (SMILE) I forgot which lady but yes this looks crisp and you put a lovely color on the sentiment too...great bday card I believe Kylie will love this..for sure..big hugs...Monika

Deepti said...

Love the embossed BG :) great color combo too!

Dana said...

So cool! Love the embossed background!! The color loos great!!

Kim Heggins said...

Carol...so happy to see you using your new embossing folder and what a sweet birthday you made with it. I love the bright and vivid color too, it really looks nice with on a color other than just white. I am sure Kylie will love it too. I hope you and your hubby have a fun weekend.

Shannon J said...

Awwww, I'm sure Kylie not only loved her card, but had a heart bursting with happiness after reading all the sweet words you had for her!! Really love the card colour...so much fun!! And the embossing provides the perfect background, making the sentiment shine!! The scattered hearts...well, you KNOW I love those!!!