Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, Darnell....AAA Cards: MacGyver Challenge, TPE #257: Anything Goes, Paper Crafting Challenge: Anything Goes, Virginia's View Challenge #5: Die Cut

Happy Birthday Darnell!!  

Yes, I'm late to your party, but here I am with a card inspired by none other than the mullet-sporting 80s hero: MacGyver!!  Why MacGyver, you ask?  Well, it all started with this:  the AAA Cards #9: MacGyver Challenge


In my previous post, I shared the first requirements, which was to find the items Mr. M. required.  The second requirement: put those items into play and make a card.

So I did.
For you.

You are one of the most ingenious, innovative, delightful, hilarious, charming sweethearts of the card-making universe (and the entire universe, for that matter!). I figured that you would appreciate my efforts to be innovative and ingenious (well, at least a little bit!), and I hope you find my card delightful and charming, and that it maybe sparks a smile and a little laugh!

For you, Darnell, a la the requests of MacGyver, a card made with:
  • a background of corrugated cardboard (I've included a photo of the piece I used, because the corrugation is hard to see in my photo)

  • a piece of plastic in the form of a sheet of music on a transparency, given to me by my music teacher colleague, attached to the 'wavy' section and center of the card
  • a hole in the form of the 'inlaid' circles
  • some purple string, outlining the inner music inlaid circle; and
  • a stamp wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  

Of course, I *had* to add a butterfly....


Hope you  like it, my dear friend!! And to Bev and Ardyth: thank you for celebrating our most wonderful Darnell in such style!  Awesome to the max!!

I'm also sharing my card at:
Paper Crafting Challenge: Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant #257: Anything Goes


Virginia's View Challenge #5: Die Cut  (except for the sentiment, my card is composed of die-cuts)



Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!



23 comments:

Hannelie said...

Carol I LOVE your shaped card using the provided inspiration!
So good to see you in the AAA cards gallery!

Victoria Lavender said...

Wow! You went to town on that one! Macyver would be proud! And I know Darnell will love it too! Thank you thank you.Cheers and good luck, Victoria Lavender, AAA Cards

Jane said...

Ingenious card and love your explanation of how it came together. Thanks for jooining in the fun at AAA Cards.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love your fun colour combo!

Angela said...

Outstanding Carol! All five elements put together so beautifully! Thank you for the awesome entry in our first blog hop at AAA Cards!

Taunya Butler said...

You are amazingly creative, ingenius and you superbly passed the requirements for the sketch!! KUDOS times a million to you for being so darn awesome and always inspiring me to try more!!!

Brenda said...

OMGosh Carol, you did an outstanding job on this card using those MacGyver items! I used to watch that show all time time and was just in awe at what he could do with some simple things. I know it was just a show, but it still awed me. lol I can't believe how creative you were at doing this card. I would have failed miserably. lol I know Darnell will love and appreciate all the hard work that went into this beautiful card! Hugs, Brenda

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Carol. Amazing job including all the requirements for Mr. M ... truly a work-of-art in a card! I'm sure Darnell will LOVE it ... I know I do! :) Loll xx

Linda Beeson said...

So cute and clever! Nice in that circle shape too. So glad you played along at AAA Cards

Virginia L. said...

Well done on creating this BEAUTY, Carol! The layering and use of images are awesome! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Shall we say brilliant Carol? Yes lets say that. I can't stop checking it out, what a fabulous fabulous card for Darnell who definitely would appreciate your though process!

Anita in France said...

Yep, definitely ingenious, definitely innovative, Carol ... what an amazing card incorporating all the MacGyver elements ... and of course the addition of your trademark butterfly is so delightful! Hugs, Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful shaped card and fabulous job with the challenge! Darnell will love this! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

Darnell said...

And now here I am, Carol, late with my thank you! It's been a super busy time between my birthday and the 4th of July with fun being had by the bucketfull!!

Thank you so much for making me an AWESOME MacGyver birthday card! I love everything about it and think you have an absolute winner in the challenges again and rightly so! That took a lot of thought and effort and I enjoyed the process. MacGyver was a favorite show around here for years when our DS was growing up, so he will always have a soft spot in my heart. He was the DIY Superman of our time!

Thank you, too, for linking up with my surprise party and for all your sweet compliments! My goodness, right back atcha! Your words mean a lot to me!! It's been a real delight watching you grow and blossom in Blogland! Mwah! Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

You are amazing Carol...I know I keep saying that but it is the truth! I love Darnell's card, so sweet and so Darnell.

Geri said...

A 1000 watt smile will definitely be lighting up Darnell's face when she sees this card! Not only is the process clever (MacGyver would be SOOOOOO proud of you!) but the card is amazing! The sheet music transparency is definitely the highlight of this creation! You have melded together some mighty cool things to create an amazing b-day card that Darnell will truly appreciate!

Happy Dance said...

I just knew our dear Miss Darnell would delight in your lovely card! You've made all those MacGyver elements work together so wonderfully, and they look gorgeous as you've used them. Darn sweet butterfly too! So glad you linked up and partied along!! TTYL. Bev

Riette said...

It is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Carol - I love it. How ingenious to create this using all the elements required. I have to admit, I would be stumped with this one. Your creation is just gorgeous and is the perfect birthday card. xxxx

Dana said...

Dang!!! I love the shaped card!! And wow amazing use of all those MacGyver items!!! ( I love MacGyver by the way!! i have a few of the early seasons on dvd!!!) I love how you layered everything, it all goes together wonderfully!!!

Greta said...

Beautifully crafted card, Carol! I know Darnell loves it!

Deepti said...

I have missed a lot lately, I am glad I am catching up on ur sweet creations, Love this with perfect colors and patterns and designs :)

Shannon J said...

This is just AWESOME, Carol!!! Richard Dean Anderson would be proud!!! And I suspect Darnell was skipping over the moon when she saw it too!! Ahhhh (that's a happy sigh!), everything just works SO well together! The stitched elements on so many of the elements really bring it home!! Piece de resistance...the butterfly...GORGEOUS!