Friday, August 18, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #693 - Photo/Moodboard - Birthday Greetings (Concord and 9th - Pinwheel Quilt)

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #693, where our lovely hostess, Bobby, has selected a fabulous summer/travel themed moodboard as inspiration this week. Lots of texture, pretty colours and patterns visible too...


Once again, Greta Hess joins us as our August Guest Designer; so happy to have you on board this month.

Obviously, I played with patterns; specifically, the ones on the card just beneath the sunglasses. I used a patterned paper from my stash and the fabulous Pinwheel Quilt dies from Concord & 9th. This set is so easy to work with...and I really need to give it much more attention. The stitching detail...so pretty! 


Looking forward to seeing your takes on the moodboard.

Thank you for dropping by!






11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Such a lovely and soothing card, Carol. The quilt dies are lovely!

Carol said...

This looks like a quilt I want in my home! Love all that stitching and the colors and so beachy blue!!! Love it!

ElizStewart said...

Always love a good quilt!

Bobby said...

You had me a quilt, Carol, and the colors are lovely. I never paid attention to that part of the photo and both you and Greta zeroed in on it.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty blue patterns - it does look like a lovely quilt. I will check out that die from Concord & 9 - it makes a lovely card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy said...

I love what you have done here, Carol! This card is so pretty and calming. Could be used for any occasion!

Lisa Elton said...

Your quilted card is charming! A warm and cozy way to say happy birthday!

Julia Aston said...

Oh! love, love, love that Pinwheel quilt die background Carol and the beautiful blue quilted squares! Julia xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the use of patterns - great quilted look!

Lisa Kind said...

This is amazing! I love the design you created. I need to take a look at that die. So many options!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--fabulous card! I wish I had that die! Fun to see we both used the same part of the board with completely different results!