Friday, July 20, 2018

Just Us Girls Challenge #450~Colour Week

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #450~Colour Week, where our lovely Lisa has this oh-so-pretty palette of aqua, pink and white to incorporate into our designs


If you've come from - or are heading to - the challenge blog, you'll see an array of fabulous cards from our July Guest Designer, ever-so-talented Julia Aston, and my talented teammates: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria. Please drop by their places and leave them some love.

Concord & 9th's Retro Petals Turnabout stamp/stencils have been calling for my attention for a few weeks and finally, the stamp set and I had a date! Both cards feature the colour combo - just in different shades. The first uses Lawn Fawn Merman and Your Next Stamp Pink Flamingo;


the second, a softer version in Mama Elephant pigment inks. I LOVE pigment inks!



I can't wait to play with the turnabout stencils next!

Sending *Happy Thoughts* to you; hope your weekend is off to a marvelous stop. Me...you already know what's on my agenda: more bike races!

Looking forward to seeing your *AQUA, PINK and WHITE* designs in the gallery!L


Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Jeanne said...

These lovely leaves fill me with such happy thoughts! How very pretty your cards are, both in the bold and soft variations. Excellent use of the colors in the challenge. I also like the scalloped mats. Such a fun detail. Thank you so much for sharing, Carol! I'll be thinking happy thoughts of you this weekend! Well, I should say, all my thoughts of you are happy! Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

What a different look with lighter and darker versions of these colors - that's a great background stamp Carol and both cards are lovely!

Joyce said...

Love both of these. So fun to see the light and dark contrast. They are both so beautiful.

Shelly said...

These are so pretty!
Enjoy those bike races, my friend! :)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both versions are beautiful! That turnabout stamp was a great choice to use in this week's color challenge and I love how you paired them with the big, bold sentiment panels.

Ina G said...

Just gorgeous cards Carol. That background looks fabulous both ways. Super sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun dual set of cards! Great backgrounds using the colors

*Vicki* said...

I wanted to stop by to tell you how I appreciate your thoughts about Mocca! It's stll hard for me too, friend and why I had to post! :) Sometimes it just helps to get it out. BIGGEST HUGS

Your creations with this color challenge has turned out so beautifully! The colors are so soft and what a perfect sentiment to go with them too! Sending you lots of happy thoughts and hope you've enjoyed your biking!

Lisa Kind said...

I think both are beautiful in their own right! I love those TAB stamps and how you used it with the colors to create your background! Very pretty cards!

Nancy said...

Carol, I love both the lighter and darker equally! Great job once again! Hope the races are going well!

Bobby said...

The turn about makes a great background for your uplifting sentiment, Carol.