Friday, July 27, 2018

Believe in Unicorns...Inkspirational Challenge #166~Designer's Choice

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #166~Designer's Choice. Our lovely Sandie has selected this


 as our inspiration.  Time starts when you have all your goodies assembled and you're ready to start creating. Let us know how long it took to create your work of art, just for fun.  

Please join us in welcoming our Guest Designer, Deanne Saunders, from Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada! Yayyyy! So thrilling to have a fellow Canadian bringing us fabulous inspiration!

You can well imagine my reaction to a 10 minute time limit. It went like this: EEK! But...after seeing some awesome cards by Justine Hovey and feeling completely justified in ordering some Visible Image sets to give her beauties a try, I was ready to set the timer. Here's my result:

8 minutes, 57 seconds
 

After making the first, I decided to go 'wildandcrazy' and make a second, inspired by AAA Cards Challenge #120~Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  Time on this one: 9 minutes, 5 seconds.




I'm also zipping this one over at Patti's place (Stationery Styles); she wants us to share cards that will give her giggles. Hope this one fits the bill! 

Looking forward to seeing your *Under 10 Minutes* creations in the gallery!


Also sharing at:




Thank you for dropping by!


19 comments:

sandie said...

well these I just love hon! I adore the boldness of them and the ombre look of the first. What fab sentiments. I love visible images-got the links for these sets?

Aileen said...

Love them both, nothing better than a unicorn except maybe some clever sentiments. Beautiful colours.

Jeanne said...

Look at these beauties! Love the ombre and rainbow colors, Carol. So pretty! And the sentiments. All warm and fuzzy on the first and hysterical on the second. Awesome! :) Hugs!

nancy littrell said...

Yes, you got a giggle from me, Carol on your 2nd card. I loved your 1st under 10 minute card too. I finished a card tonight in 7 min and 58 seconds:-) Will post tomorrow:-) TFS Hugs..

Marina said...

What a great design - I love your variations - and well done for managing the time limit.

Shelly said...

Two awesome cards, Carol! And under 10 minutes?!!...That's even more awesome!
Enjoy your Sunday! Hugs

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love "...my own world..." sentiment!!! Too funny!!!

Patti said...

At least 9 minutes and 5 seconds of giggling going on here Carol!! You are so darn sweet and your ombre colored unicorn is totally cool!!

Thanks a bunch for joining my pity party heeheehee. You're the best!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Susanne Vargas said...

Both of your cards are absolutely delightful! Adore the ombre unicorn as well as the rainbow one and the sentiment on top!

Lorraine A said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS Carol and it just goes to show that you don't need to spend 3 hours on a card for it to be AWESOME!!! Love the challenge theme too! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Gwendolyn said...

Those are wonderful CAS cards Carol. I love how you managed to give the first one an ombre look and the 2nd a beautiful rainbow look. I also love the sentiment on the 2nd card, I have to get it. Thanks for the inspiration Carol and have a great day! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Kim S said...

I saw your first one and was in awe of the visual impact with just two simple stamps. Then I got to the second one and snorted out loud!! What an amazing difference!

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous and bold ... a great way to showcase the sentiments. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

maria f. said...

Rainbow unicorn? Perfect!

Jane said...

Oh I adore that rainbow unicorn and the quote is amazing! Love your card! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Shauna said...

Wow... what a fantastic unicorn! I feel like I am seeing a lot of "magical" cards from you recently... it suits you! It goes well with your bold colors.
- Shauna

Tracie Pond said...

Hello Carol! Such a sweet rainbow unicorn. Love your design. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

Kylie said...

Carol, these cards are.. holy wow... I love them. What beautiful inking you have achieved for your unicorns. Great cards! xx

Bobby said...

You combined two trends in one card, Carol. Unicorns and Rainbows. Nothing better. Unless it's a pink ombre' unicorn with a wonderful sentiment.