Friday, July 6, 2018

Citrus...Just Us Girls Challenge #448~Word Week

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #448~Word Week where I, as the hostess for this challenge, have selected *CITRUS* to spark your creativity. 


Several ways to interpret this word: citrus images, citrus colours, citrus images + citrus colours (or not *grin). Whatever direction you take, I know it will be fantastic!

If you've come from - or are heading to - the challenge blog, you'll see an array of fabulous cards from our July Guest Designer, ever-so-talented Julia Aston and my talented teammates: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria.  Please drop b their places and leave them some love.

Two cards for you today, featuring my new citrus set from Studio Katia.  My zigs and I had yet a few more play dates in getting these coloured. As you can see, I went with 'typical' orange/yellow/green for my first card...


then jazzed things up with a splashy colour combo for the second....
 

Here's the duo...


I *may* be liking my zigs a bit more...but still so much more practice 
required to get the highlights/shadows figured out...Carrying on! 

Looking forward to seeing your *CITRUS* creations in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I am seriously impressed with your water coloring on both these cards! Well done mf. Great word too.

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely cards using this wonderful fruits border stamp Carol! Perfect for your word challenge - you're doing very well with your ZIG's - I hear ya on needing time to sit and play - I'm always trying to get it done fast and so never learn how to shade properly - my Zigs remain on the shelf :( I really like the splashy colors on your 2nd card! I'm so happy to be joining you all as guestie this month!

Trina P. said...

Both gorgeous cards and beautifully watercolored, Carol. I have a couple of NBUS fruit sets I might be able to put to use. 😉

Nancy said...

Sensational, Stunning and any other word you might want to add! So impressed!

Patti said...

WOWIE!! these PERFECTLY colored Citrus fruits made me long for a cool drink!!! Beautifully done Carol!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol your zig colouring is fabulous, I need to play with them and some citrus colours!! xo

Shelly said...

These are gorgeous, my friend! I'd say you got those zigs down! Beautiful!

Ina G said...

Wow what awesome cards Carol and so beautifully coloured and blended. Love both layouts.

Jeanne said...

LOVE! These look fantastic, Carol! :)

Macimbalo said...

So soft and pretty, what a great set of cards! You never cease to amaze me!

Maria said...

WOW! These are so awesome! LOVE LOVE them! So fantastic! Great job!

Lisa Kind said...

Both of your cards are amazing! I love your watercoloring! And I love the addition of the pink on the second one!

Bobby said...

Your coloring and shading are fabulous, Carol. This was a great challenge and I love that stamp.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Wow, wow and wow!!! These are amazing and you are the watercolor queen! These are seriously awesome!