Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Nautical Celebrate...TIME OUT Challenge #38~Photo Inspiration

Hello,

Ahoy, wonderful DT over at TIME OUT Challenge #38~Photo Inspiration!  I'm here, pretty much last minute, as per usual, with my card inspired by this fantastic set of wine glasses. How I'd like to see what would be revealed beyond the edges of this frame. I'm guessing a very fancy yacht...or something else 'rich'.  Perhaps the wedding decor of a couple who love sailing..



I made my card a week ago, drove it to see my family last weekend, drove it back from seeing my family (well, my mom, actually, because the bike races didn't allow much niece-and-nephew time...hoping to make up for it this long, long weekend coming up!), left it in my card-carting container and this evening, suddenly realized I hadn't checked 'photography and post' TO card.  Anyway, here it is...nothing swanky-danky, but I quite like my very literal interpretation. It will be joining me - again -  on my trip north on Thursday; another addition to the 'seniors' birthday card' stash I make for my mom and her volunteer group.  Hope it brings a smile to a resident's face...


Off to await a phone call from my husband; he'll be on the back of a motorcycle for the next few days, as an official for the pro-cycling Tour of Alberta (similar to Tour de France, including a near-comparable field of cyclists, but spanning only six days) race beginning tomorrow. Apparently, he's dining with some of the event's *big wigs* and racers this evening.  Looking forward to details.  Maybe Fabian Cancellera will be there...oh my! Swooning...er, I mean, how cool would that be!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,


27 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Eeeee! I just adore this! It's so summery and gorgeous and the perfect artsy interpretation of the inspiration image!

Greta said...

Hope things go well for your hubby & the races! I just adore this card--perfect use of the photo inspiration, Carol!

Lisa Kind said...

Love your design and that silver anchor! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Jeanne said...

Looks like you've been super busy. Great card, Carol. I like the stripes! Hope your husband does well and has fun!

Carole said...

Great interpretation of the glasses! Fabulous card! Enjoy your family time!

sandie said...

You made! And I too love the literal take on the photo. Love the crisp look and the touch of glamour with the silver, you know we love to see you at TO x

Susanne Vargas said...

Love your fresh and summery design! That silver anchor is perfect!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I love anything nautical and your card is right up my alley! Love the loose blue stripes, the big bold red sentiment, and of course the little anchor is perfect!! I hope you have fun on all of your travels! ((Hugs))

Barb Ghig said...

I love your 'literal' take on the inspiration photo, Carol! Your red die cut sentiment really pops against the blue stripes and there's nothing better than a silver anchor! I think your mom is going to be thrilled to add this lovely card to her collection...I hope she makes a lot of $$ for her cause :)

Happy Dance said...

Awesome card Miss Carol! Love those stripes and that fantastic 'celebrate' die. I think you've captured this nautical wine glass theme to perfection. Hope all is well with you, and enjoy your weekend. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

Pretty swanky-danky to me, c ... and I love your anchor!
=] m

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I think this is perfect! Love the colors (those bright bold stripes) and the clean look of your design. The race sounds like fun. Would love to watch! Bet I could get my son hooked too!

shirley-bee said...

Fab take on the inspiration photo, Carol! Love those grungy stripes!

Geri said...

The 'Celebrate' font totally works with the somewhat abstract stripes! And...you absolutely nailed the theme of this fabulous inspiration photo! Well done pal!

BTW...if you happen to see Fabian Cancellera, please tell him that Geri from Dauphin said hi! (ha, ha, ha...snort, snort!)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love, Love, Love this. Fabulous interpretation of the inspiration. As always, you have done such a beautiful job!

Pam said...

You sound like you've been busy, too. I love this card! Great interpretation and those stripes are just so cool. xo

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...love your stripes! So much fun.

Anita in France said...

Love the look of the scripty red sentiment against those crisp, fresh stripes, Carol ... perfect with the shiny anchor! Nautical magic, my friend! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out with this well travelled delight! Hugs, Anita :)

Shelly said...

Oh, this is awesome! Love it!

Bobby said...

I love the irregular stripes and the bright word die, Carol. Adding the darling little anchor was the perfect finishing touch.

Peanut said...

LOVE the stripes... simple, elegant and very very pleasing. How do you do it?! :)
hugs, Asha

Leigh Penner said...

I love your fun striped card, Carol and that silver anchor is the perfect finishing touch!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the insp. photo. We have been watching some of the Tour in AB and those poor guys with the cold temps and lycra - chilly!!!

Petra Swart said...

Love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Carol!!!!! Love the stripes and the lovely anchor!!!! The sentiment in red looks great!!!! This beautiful card will definitely make someone feel very special on their birthday!!!!

Taunya Butler said...

What an AWESOME take on that photo - so fresh and crisp and very original!!!

Peanut said...

This is gorgeous, Carol. Simple but very striking!
hugs, Asha

Kylie said...

Lovely card! Simple and perfect!