Friday, September 25, 2015

Leafy Thanks...Inkspirational Challenges #92~Picture Inspiration, AAA Cards #48~Autumn Colours, Addicted to CAS #72~Leaves, Uniko Challenge #25~Autumn/Fall, Simon Says Monday Challenge~Use a Stamp

Hello,

End of September and Fall's presence surrounds us in the rich autumn palette of the leaves, the crispness of the air, the donning of cozy sweaters, leggings, boots.   Rather romantic...and so, too, is the picture inspiration (Emma Block) the DT and I are inviting you to draw inspiration from for Inkspirational Challenges #92


What draws your eye? The trees and their heart-shaped leaves (which I just now noticed!), the leafy path, the sweet dalmation, tugging on his leash, the little girl and her puppy companion, the entranced-with-one-another couple, the shades of blue/grey or reds/orange?  So many entry points...

Please welcome our talented Guest Designer, Jen (aka Magic Flying Boots), with a card that truly is magical!  Once again, my teammates have dazzled me with their interpretations; they'd love if you strolled over for a visit: Marina, ShaunaSandie, Yvonne, NonniKim, Pia.

Late last fall, the lovely STAMPlorations Trendy Leaves joined my collection, and this card marks their debut. I chose the three patterned images, coloured them randomly (or so I thought) with distress markers (I was drawn to the leaves from the photo), gave them a 'huff and a puff' (no water-colour or spritzing...tooooo scary!. I think more puffing was needed to blend the colours more), and stamped them around my Uniko sentiment.  I'm not well-versed in creating this type of background, but because I love what others create, I figured I'd give it a go. I'm 'okay' with the result, but next time, I'm aspiring to design a card like this one by Jeanne.  The circle sentiment: swoon-inducing! Anyway...mine's a 'starting' point and oh, how pretty those leaf images are to 'colour' and to stamp...


What features of the picture will you share with us?  I'm excited to find out! See you in the gallery and remember: the winner will be invited to join us as a guest designer in a future challenge.

I'm also heading to:

Addicted to CAS #72~Leaves




Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,



34 comments:

sandie said...

I think it works really well and creates a lovely background. I like the random colours on the leaves, I like doing this myself and it always gives a realistic look. I walk a lot and am always amazed at the different colours of leaves at this time of the year x

Jill V said...

Gorgeous colours for the leaves and great texture too! The Autumn colours are perfect for our challenge this week so thanks so much for linking up at AAA Cards! Jill

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeousness! The leaves are stunning

Nonni said...

I think the coloring and blend of the leaves is perfect, no need to worry! Great fall card with artsy touch. xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply beautiful Autumn tones Carol and fabulous placement of those leaves. Just swooning here and thrilled that you've played along at Uniko, AAA Cards and ATCAS. Thanks so much. SArah

Donna said...

I like this JUST THE WAY IT IS, Carol :)

Magic Flying Boots said...

Beautiful colours, and I love the design! I really love how you've coloured your stamps like this - mine always go a bit muddy when I try adding different colours. How do you get yours so crisp and clean?

Jeanne J. said...

This is gorgeous Carol! I love all the color you inked up here! Really stunning and everything I love about fall captured here.

Kay Miller said...

I think all of that huffing and puffing really paid off, because your card is gorgeous! I think the leaves are blended quiet enough and the design of the leaves around the sentiment looks super! Enjoy your fall weekend! ((Hugs))

Shelly said...

Beautiful card! LOVE the leaves!

Susanne Vargas said...

Those multicolored leaves are so pretty! I think, I have to put them on my wish list...

Barb Ghig said...

Really gorgeous card, Carol! I love how you were inspired by the leaves...and you chose such beautiful colors, too! Love the font on this sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATCAS! We love to see your amazing work in the gallery :)

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful Carol...love your gorgeous leaves.

Greta said...

Lovely Fall note card!

Geri said...

Love the result of your huffing & puffing. Thinking that an extra huff or puff may have taken some of the intensity from the colors! Perfectly placed images = a perfectly balanced design! Another GREAT choice of sentiment too!

Peanut said...

Well worth the effort and pain, Carol ...this card is awesomely autumn! I so love the falling leaves on our card - there's colour, texture and movement. I eyes went straight to the doggie in the park .... no surprise there!
hugs Asha

Marina said...

The way you have used colour here is gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card, the autumn leaves look fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous fall card!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anita in France said...

A delight, Carol ... seems your huffed and puffed wonderful autumn leaves have just been blown in on a gentle breeze to surround that lovely crisp sentiment ... they're fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Your leaves are fantastic, Carol. In placement and in color.

Shauna said...

What beautifully stamped fall leaves! Seriously, those colors are lovely! I love the pattern you followed around your sentiment. What a wonderful card!
- Shauna

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I think your huffing and puffing worked out quite lovely. beautiful fall background and that Uniko sentiment is fabulous!

Marybeth said...

Hi Carol,I know I am so behind ...sorry. Theses leaves turned out beautifuly! You are too funny huf and puf but it worked.

Kim M said...

Fantastic! Love your leaves! You should try the water spritzing though. The results are so fun and amazing! Yours turned out better than you think though. They are lovely. I like the colours you used. Great card!

Loll said...

Love your colourful autumn leaves Carol. Great design with the leaves falling all around your sentiment. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Rose said...

Those leaves are stunning! You've done an amazing job with those gorgeous colours.

Rose said...

Those leaves are stunning! You've done an amazing job with those gorgeous colours.

Jane said...

Superb! Love those gorgeous Autumn leaves. Thanks for joining in at Uniko & AAA Cards.

Shona Chambers said...

This is awesome and the colouring on the leaves is so perfect with how leaves actually look in Autumn. All that huffing and puffing paid off!

Deborah Frings said...

I think your tumbling autumn leaves are gorgeous - the colouring is just super. Thanks so much for playing along with our autumn theme at Uniko!

Beverley said...

LOVE this! The perfect falling leaves in the rich autumnal colours surrounding the Uniko sentiment :) Thanks so much for sharing & joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - what color and Fall beauty in this card!!!

Kylie said...

The inspiration pieces is fabulous and so is your gorgeous card. The leaves are stunning! Love the rich colours.