Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Foxy Hello...The Card Concept #40~Forest Friends, Share Joy Challenge #4~Sketch + Clean and Simple

Hello..the last day of September. Already!

Last year, we implemented a new student information data system in our district and oh my stars! Talk about a steep learning curve!  Through all the disarray and yes, chaos (technology is amazing...when it works), we had a guiding light: an admin assistant, Bobbi, from a neighbouring school board, whose expertise helped us over and over and over to navigate some turbulent waters.  I can't count the number of times I made *HELP ME* calls, which were but one batch of the many she received over the year from the other admin assistants in our several schools. She came to my rescue - in person or with instructions patiently given over the phone or by remotely taking over my computer and just 'getting it done' - every. single. time.

My card - inspired by Share Joy Challenge #4~Sketch + Clean and Simple, featuring Taylored Expression's Little Bits Fox and Hello die,


is heading to Bobbi...a hello to a wonderful colleague and an incredibly sweet individual!


I'm also sharing (Clean and Layered) at The Card Concept #40~Forest Friends


Wishing you a most marvelous Wednesday; thank you for visiting!
Hugs,







23 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Oh honeygirl! This is soooo darn cute! Love that little fox. I've been hemming and hawing about him since his release (teehee), and now, my resolve to be good is dissolving! The trees ef is the perfect background to pop him on too. Sweet card!! Bev

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! I almost used this same die on my card, but I decided to stamp instead....

Jeanne J. said...

EEk! What a cutie! Adorable fox Carol and cute little scene you created!

Kerin said...

What a cute card! I 'need' that tree background!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh I adore this card!! That little fox is one of my favorite dies! Your colleague should be thrilled with this adorable card! The embossed birch trees background is just perfect too! ((Hugs))

I Card Everyone said...

I know that Bobby will adore it as much as I do, c ... have you seen the one by Ruby that reads "who gives a fox?' I think you may need it ... just sayin' that school work sounds like ... well, work! Darling, darling card, my darling... and um embossed trees???
=] Michele

Peanut said...

Now that is a darling little fox. Cute card, Carol.
x Asha

Deepti said...

Awww so cute!! I love the embossing and the fox is super sweet :)

Susanne Vargas said...

What a sweet fox card! It sounds like Bobbi definitely deserves this beautiful, handmade card!

sandie said...

Adorable card Carol and Bobbi will love it. The sweet little fox really pops in red. Thanks for joining TCC

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, fabulous! That fox is so sweet :)

Geri said...

"What Does the Fox Say" ??? Well, thank you in this case! Super sweet! Could that embossing folder be any more perfect? I don't think so!

It is so kind and considerate of you to send a special, hand made card to Bobby. It'll melt her heart !

Anita in France said...

So cute, Carol ... an adorable card for a star of a colleague! Hugs, Anita :)

Debbie said...

That fox is a cutie! Super card!! Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!!

Shona Chambers said...

Wouldn't it be good if we all had 'Bobbi's' in our lives from time to time! She sounds like an absolute treasure, so no wonder you want to send her some love. And what a super lovely card this is!! That little fox is so sweet and I love the embossed pattern on the kraft CS, that is a genius idea!! Hope you've had a relaxing weekend. Ours was super hot and windy but I had so much fun with the kids. They are asleep now so I can catch up with everyone and see what they have been making. Yay!!

Dana said...

This is soooo adorable!! I love the embossed background and the fox is so cute!! p.s. i sent you an email about the markers that i hope you got! Lot to digest, i know!! :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, what a cutie pie he is! And all dressed up in red to say hello to such a special person! Love your embossed background, too...Awesome card, Carol!

Joyce said...

Oh, your fox is so adorable, and I love the little woods he is hanging out in. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this card.

Bobby said...

Well, hello there foxy. This is so darling, Carol, with its tree textured background and that innocent look on her face.

Greta said...

So adorable! I know she loved getting this card, Carol!

Taunya Butler said...

So cute and extremely adorable!!!!

Kim S said...

That's my favorite fox die ever!! I love him in your simple circle with the sparkly butterfly!

Kylie said...

Bobbi sounds like an angel! And your card is adorable. That fox = soooo cute! I love foxes and you've created such an amazing scene. I just love everything about this card.