Thursday, September 10, 2015

Autumn Butterflies...SOVUSHKA SLAVIA~AUTUMN CAS-MARATHON: PHASE I - LITERATURE, Dragonfly Journeys #22~Hello September, TIME OUT Challenge #39~Make Your Mark

Hello!

I was skimming the calendar today and realized that from the beginning of July to this past Labour Day weekend, we have been away from home - short jaunts, long journeys - every. single. week. And I wonder why I'm feeling a little bit exhausted?  *Hello*!  Actually, given that each trip was remarkable in some fashion, this 'staying put' for bit is...well, kind of weird. That will change quickly though, as after this weekend, we'll be out and about again. Cyclo-cross season (more bike races), a weekend of 'bike race' school (at least it's being held where my mom lives, but writing a test is involved. Yikes!), Thanksgiving and so on and so forth.  It's all good. Really good.

Today's card is inspired by the very cool 'marathon' of challenges over at Sovushka Slavia, where, for the next few weeks, we're invited to create a series of cards that meet a set of 'assignment' requirements. Given I'm a teacher, how could I 'not' heed this opportunity to play student?

The first assignment:  SOVUSHKA SLAVIA~Autum CASMarathan: Phase I-Literature, where we're to create a card inspired by autumn poetry.


I reckon you're not surprised by the haiku I found....so lovely:


AUTUMN BUTTERFLY
Whirling through the grove, 

Dancing in the changing winds:
Pirouetting leaf.

Copyright © 2015 Raul Moreno

My 'pirouetting' leaves are from my new Butterfly Birthdays set, designed by ultra-talented, wonderfully sweet, Kylie, coloured with my Chameleon pens and paired with a word die from Winnie And Walter:


These butterflies are oh-my-awesome!  Love, love and love them...and I still have two more to play with!

Hopefully, my poem and card are a CAS 'homework' fit that will make the "teachers" smile...

I'm also heading off to the galleries at




ETA: I "thought" I had added my card to Happy Little Stampers September CAS Challenge~Colouring, but apparently note! I am know - and thank you, Loll, for the 'reminder'!


On another note: I'm doing my best to catch-up with comments!  Your patience: such a blessing! What fabulous friends I have!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!


34 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun with the negative cut and fun bflies 😊

Kylie said...

Wow Carol. To see my stamps like this just make my heart sing. LOVE the colours and how you combined the negative and stamped sentiments xx

Beverley said...

Your card is stunning and beautifully CAS, like you I am a sucker for butterflies and these are just beautiful. Thanks for the heads up on the challenge, I'll have to check it out, very inspiring. I look forward to hearing and reading about your trips and fun. Hugs Bev x

Beverley said...

Oops! I forgot to say thank you for joining in on the challenge at TIME OUT too! Hugs Bev x

Susanne Vargas said...

Lovely autumnal butterflies!
Have a great weekend!

Deepti said...

Those butterflies are the prettiest ever :) this card rocks!

Marisa said...

I will take butterflies in any season :) Once September hits life is always a blur till Christmas! Hang in there.

Joyce said...

Your butterflies are gorgeous and perfectly colored. Love how you have arranged them around that die cut word. Have fun at biking school!

Jeanne J. said...

These are so pretty! They remind me of stained glass! Yes there is no place like home - but its sure fun running around isn't it?

I Card Everyone said...

Really, REally beautiful, c - goodness that is a gorgeous butterfly and LOOK at your chameleons are doing! ... can we not find one single bike-related thing for Andy in Michigan? Happy trails, but let me know if you have a little phone-chat time!!! Squeezes...
=]

Geri said...

AWESOME, AWESOME coloring...perfect choice of colors...love how you changed them up a bit! Great choice for the mat color peeking out from behind the word die! You've done a beautiful job capturing the essence of 'Autumn' on your card!

Jeannie said...

Hi Carol! What a GORGEOUS card and all of the perfect colors for Autumn. Thanks so much for joining in my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Brenda said...

I love that you used your butterflies as your fall leaves Carol, they are just so beautiful! I love the pretty colors you used on them, you are so good at using your markers. The "autumn" word cut out is just perfect. I think you make an excellent student! Enjoy your weekend of bike racing stuff, your mom and niece and nephew!! Hugs, Brenda

Kay Miller said...

Oh Autumn butterflies!! What could be more lovely?? This card is stunning Carol! The butterflies colored in the beautiful fall colors are just so pretty! I hope you are having fun on all of your travels! Have a great weekend! ((Hugs))

Kim Heggins said...

Just gorgeous...love your fabulous butterflies and they look so amazing in those wonderful fall colors.

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is sooo beautiful! And yes, those butterflies are amazing! Love! Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend and all your adventures! :)

Taunya Butler said...

BEAUTIFUL and such a spectacular idea to color your butterflies to reflect Autumn!! The colors are so lovely - as is your diecut sentiment and gorgeous color behind it!! I think you are wonderful and when you create with butterflies you make masterpieces that give us a glimpse into your amazing, loving, sweet heart!! Good luck in your adventures and A+++++ on your incredible creation!!! Hugs to you!!

Barb Ghig said...

I have to say you really 'nailed it', Carol! Your butterflies are so pretty...all dressed up in autumn colors and your sentiment is perfectly placed! Love this card to pieces...A+++

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, this is gorgeous, Carol. I adore the colors in the butterfly! Such wonderful colors to reflect the season. I also like that the colors peek through the die cut. You are so very talented Carol and I always look forward to posts from you! :)

Bobby said...

What a fantastic premise for a challenge. I love your beautifully colored autumn butterflies, Carol.

Kylie said...

BUTTERFLIES! YES! Lol I associate butterflies with you these days. :) LOVE the colours! They just pop!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful autumn butterflies, Carol ... such lovely colouring on each of them ... they have me smiling so I'm betting 'teacher' will smile too! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Oops ... was so taken with these beauties, I forgot to say how happy I am you're playing along with us at Time Out, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

вера вишнякова said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for playing with Sovushka Slavia!

вера вишнякова said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for playing with Sovushka Slavia!

Shona Chambers said...

Beautiful card and love the butterfly colours. You sure have been busy, I think every post you've mentioned a trip away so no wonder your exhausted. Although, its funny when you finally stop because you don't know what to do with yourself. I'm sure you'll find something.....

Gerrina said...

Love those colours and the way you used them behind the diecut panal; it is a striking card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and sharing!

Tanja said...

beautifully colored

thingie said...

Just adorable! Love the butterflies and the negative die-cut. So lovely! Thank you for being with us at Sovushka Slavia!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Carol. Love the multi-coloured butterflies --- so pretty. And great paired with the gold background of your sentiment aperture. Fantastic design! This would work perfect for the Happy Little Stampers September CAS Challenge - Colouring. Hope you'll join us! xx

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, Autumn butterflies, Carol! Wow! Thanks for sharing this with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Kim S said...

Beautifully done!

Greta said...

Oh wow--absolutely stunning card, Carol!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous colouring, Carol! Love your negative/stamped sentiment combo. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers this time!