Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sending Hedgehugs...The Paper Players #230~Critter-tine, Simon Says Monday Challenge~ H is for..., Lawnscaping Challenge #99: CAS

Hi again,
Back in a nano-flash to show you Ms. T's  Happy 59 Months Old card. Hedgehog hugs - from Uncle A and Aunty C (do you like my coy little hedgehog face)!  Nothing supercalifragilistic special about how I've showcased them, but gosh darn, those little critters are so adorable!  I covered them with sparkles, which sort of explains the 'unevenness' of their furry little bodies. In real life, they are reasonably well blended.Here, they appear...um...back-combed. Yeah, that's it - back-combed and fluffed up.

When Ms. T was three, she went to once a week Critter School at the local zoo, where she had opportunity to learn about and meet - close up and personal - a variety of animals, from snakes, to meerkats, to lizards, to yes..hedgehogs.  Apparently, these experiences left an impact, based on the recent 'lesson' she gave me on hedgehog roll-ups (and consequently lead to this stamp/die set coming home with me). Too cute! When she 'really' gets immersed into a topic, her eyes open big and wide.  Pure delight! And infectious...I find myself doing the wide-eyed thing, too. At times. Not as endearing on me as it is on her, of course *grin*

Anyway, here's my card...



I'm entering the galleries at The Paper Players #230~ Critter-tine (oh my, I didn't intentionally mean to follow the 'sketch' so closely! Oh well...)


NOTE: Tickled Pink to be selected as Nance's choice for A Cut Above recognition!  THANK YOU! My blog is wearing your badge proudly!

 Simon Says Monday Challenge~H is for...hedgehogs, heart, hugs and, of course, Happy 35 Months Old!




Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs...


28 comments:

~amy~ said...

a-dorable....love the story behind the sweet hedgies. She's going to love this card!

Carole said...

Oh you make me smile....and this card certainly does....so cute. I love the little hedgehogs! bet Ms T loves it too! Super duper!!

Jeanne said...

Oh my, this is adorable! Backcombed...you are too funny! I'm sure your little miss will love this.

Bobby said...

Those hedgehogs are cute, Carol, but I also love the lacy heart over the wood panel. Just the place for some hedgehog lovers. ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Your sweet pair oh hedgehogs are just too cute for words. I love them hanging out in front if your stunning heart. So darn cute!

Shelly said...

Aww...this is so cute!

Monika Reeck said...

that critter is so so so cuuteee
lovely design
lovely coloring
and again graet using that woodgrain Background paper..
another ombre in pink Carol
you are really made some lovely valentine card
I dont know where to send if I made more than one...I made one and give to my hubby
the second one to my son
the third one to my last son LOL
I love to visiting you...
hope you too
hugs, Monika

Geri said...

Okay...you are such an enabler!!! Are you working on commission? This fox is so stinkin' cute! Yes, I will be heading over 'there' to check it out....

Took a loooonnnnngggg look at all your sweet creations that I've missed over these past several days! Sorry that I've missed commenting and I'm now so far behind that I'm going to start fresh from today! Amazing creations - love the heart cards!!!

Anita in France said...

Darling hedgehogs, Carol ... and particularly cool with their backcombed styling!! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

I once saw a photo of a baby hedgehog and have been in love ever since... so love the story of your sweet niece! and your darling back-combed hedgies.. =] Michele

Darnell said...

Well. now you've done it! Hammy is literally jumping up and down on top of my backcombed hair! He wants to play with your super cute hedgies!! I can't say that I blame him; I'd love to play with them myself!! Hugs, Darnell

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is just adorable! I love the woodgrain embossing and the little backcombed hedges are precious! Such a fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at "Critter-Tine" at the Paper Players this week! XX

Susanne Vargas said...

Those hedgehogs are adorable! Well ,your entire card is so very sweet!

Dana said...

Super adorable!! I forget i have the little hedgies!! I need to use them!! You used them wonderfully on this card!!

sandie said...

love the critter story!! And what a sweet card, the hedgehogs are adorable x

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, this is just adorable Carol! I love those cute hedgehogs, who doesn't love them?!! I can just see your cute Ms T's face when she makes those wide eyes, chatting away! Don't you just love it when kids use so much expression when tell you about something?!! I love children's sweet innocents and they way to convey everything they want to say. God's gift are what children are! Your card is perfect for her!! Hugs, Brenda

Ann Schach said...

Oh, this is just precious, Carol! I love these hedgehogs...and I LOVE how this card resembles the badge. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

stampwithsandy said...

So adorable! I can't get enough of those hedgies! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Carol!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those hedgehogs are just the cutest! I love them paired with the woodgrain textured background. Thanks for joining our Critter-tine challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Love these little hedgies! They are so irresistable--especially when paired with all those sweet hearts. I'm certain Ms. T will adore them! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Marisa said...

Those hedgies are just too cute - perfect for a cute little girl :) You are a wonderful aunty C indeed!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the pop of texture and that beautiful scalloped heart. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)

Samantha Casey said...

Very cute card! I love the embossed woodgrain background! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Mona Pendleton said...

Pure cuteness! Those little creatures are adorable! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2015/02/our-happy-home.html

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweetest hedgehogs ever Carol! Love your design! The embossing woodgrain background is stunning!

Deepti said...

awwww so adorable :)

Taunya Butler said...

This card has so much going for it!! It sparkles with sweetness, it oozes coolness, and just causes my heart to smile!! I love the woodgrain in the background and your scalloped heart that showcases the adorable hedgehog pair!! Way to go- you have lifted me with the extreme greatness that this card has - so awesome and I hope you gave an awesome day!!! Hugs to wonderful you!!!

Christiana said...

This card is just so darling! I love all the layers. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!