Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fabulous Birthday Butterfly...CASology #134: MONOCHROME, AAA Cards~#33 "Orange U Glad UR CAS", TPE #286~Happy Birthday, Ella

Hello, my wonderful friends!
 Whew...what a week! We traveled 6 hours west to see my husband's family on Friday, returning Monday. After a 'take a breath' day on Tuesday, I headed north on the bus, to spend time with my mom, and my husband arrived Friday evening, to chauffeur me home on Saturday. Travel-weary and exhausted, but oh my, such wonderful visits!

Days with mom went far too quickly!  My sister-in-law, with the kiddos in tow, picked me up, so I was mega-watt smiling from the get-go! While Ms. T was off to ballet, Mr. C and I played, watched TV, helped Bacia make supper and all-around had fun. Once Ms. T and my sister-in-law came back, everything escalated: more fun, more playing, more cuddles! We spent time with them at their place on Thursday evening; moments to delight in, laugh at and all-around treasure.  During the days, mom and I tended to yet more tasks (with more in the wings for down the road), and generally just 'hung out' together.  Of course,  leaving was tough, but...I'll be heading back later in March.  Actually, mom has a busy week ahead of her, that began today, where she was off to see a theater performance of "Mike, the Knight," with my brother and the kids. I'm looking forward to an update when I call this evening.  Her brother (the youngest of seven) and sister-in-law are coming through the city, enroute to see another brother, so she'll have company for a couple of days, likely on Tuesday. She seems to be doing 'alright-ish'...steps forward and backwards, as is natural.  And, to all of you who have passed along hugs to her, be they in comments, or notes, or cards: she's asked me to report that you've touched her deeply!  THANK YOU for caring about my mom, and for keeping her - and me (so blessed) - in your thoughts and prayers! Great big squishy virtual hugs to all of you!

Anyway, during 'take-a-breath' Tuesday, I started tinkering about with some new butterflies (I warned you *grin* They are sooooooo back!  Obsessing!). Yesterday and today, the metamorphosis began...and so, a couple few butterfly cards to share with you here and in a following post (or two...because yet again, I'm knocking on gallery doors, hoping I make the entry dates. Talk about being scattered...). 

Please welcome my newest 'butterfly crush' from Clearly Besotted.  I love x love x love this; another product that just so easily becomes the star of the show...


I'm entering this to CASology #34~Monochrome (although this might be more ombre...Gahhh!)


AAA Cards #33 "Orange U Glad UR CAS"





Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,



23 comments:

Marisa said...

You are the queen of combining challenges :) Love the variegated butterfly. Glad to hear your mom is making steps forward. It's a huge life changer and blessings on you for all you have done/continue to do for her. Glad to hear she is out and about a bit and that she has company popping in and out.

Anita in France said...

Just lovely. Carol ... yummy warm colour against all that glorious white ... and what a fab bold sentiment! Thinking of you and your Mom ... and sending prayers your way! Hugs, Anita :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely Miss C, you are so busy with family, great for you. I know you are such a comfort. Love what you do with Clearly Besotted! Thanks for being such a friend to CASology and me. Have a wonderful day!

Kylie said...

Wow, the colours on the butterfly are just stunning. The butterfly itself is going to be a must have me thinks ;) Gorgeous, my friend xx

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, this is so pretty! I love me some butterflies and this one is lovely! I like the two color look. I never think to do this and you rocked it! I was tickled pink to hear of how much fun you are having with your mom and family members. Traveling itself may not be all that fun in the middle of winter, but the joy at the end of the road sure makes up for it! So glad to hear your mom is doing well. :)

Unknown said...

I can see why you love this stamp! It's fantastic, and you have certainly showed it off beautifully! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, especially with all that is going on for you right now!

Deepti said...

Fabulous inking :)

~amy~ said...

You have been super busy traveling!
Your card is gorgeous...that butterfly is beautiful...awesome inky goodness.

Nance said...

Awesome card! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Join us again soon!

Angela said...

Okay, this butterfly takes my breath away! Totally and simply a fabulous card, Carol! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards now and always!

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I love your blending. I have this set and it has yet to see ink. Shame on me! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Loll said...

Really beautiful Carol. Am loving this butterfly ... need to add it to my wish list :) Love it done in shades of orange and perfect matched with the large sentiment. You are on a roll, girl! xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Another fabulous butterfly ! Loving it, too!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wonderful, how you inked that gorgeous ombre butterfly!

Taunya Butler said...

This Butterfly's name must be GORGEOUS and REMARKABLE because that is how she looks!!! What a way amazing card with color, vibrance and just so much awesomeness to recommend it for a win!! You are so lucky that you have got to be so tucked in around your family and loved ones this past while - so sorry about the travel weariness but it kinda comes with it - doesn't it? Know that you are in my thoughts and that you constantly cause smiles to spontaneously appear on my face with thoughts of my beloved friend C!!! Happy, Beautiful day to YOU!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE this! Perfect card balance - Thanks for joining in at AAA!

Linda Beeson said...

What a really beautiful butterfly. So glad you could play along with our orange challenge at AAA Cards

Darnell said...

Welcome back home, Carol! What a whirlwind you have been through! I'm glad to hear your sweet Mom is doing (mostly) great! Your butterfly card is spectacular!! Hugs, Darnell

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!!! I LOVE your orange butterfly!!! Just a fabulous card!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant. Make sure to stop by to check out this weeks Winner Post!! ;)
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/02/winner-post-tpe286.html

shirley-bee said...

Great combination of challenges, Carol! Your butterfly card is so strikingly pretty. Glad your mum is doing alright-ish :)

papayoung said...

ray ban sunglasses clearance sale wealthy cheap ray ban sunglasses clearance outlet do you not orphans. cheap dual personality, in the end, or hypocritical character more often, after a lie is a lie, without blinking an eye, ray ban sunglasses clearance sale knows ray ban sunglasses clearance sale loopholes. Immediately asked, he told my ray ban sunglasses clearance sale grandfather was http://www.centremk.co.uk dying to find me, you know Binbin bar. outlet cousin's distant relatives, the thought lie impeccable.

Greta said...

Now I "need" that butterfly! Stunning!