Monday, September 15, 2014

Pink Poppy Hello...City Crafters' Challenge Blog #229~Diagonal

Hello all!

Today, I'm  delighted to be guest designing for City Crafters' Challenge Blog #229~Diagonals


This week, Kirsty is inviting us to play with the popular diagonal trend, where we're drawing inspiration from anywhere and everywhere: fashion, nature, architecture, cuisine...Of course, translating diagonals to our cards and paper-crafts is simply too much fun - and so pleasing to the eye, as well!

My card marks a second showing of the poppies from the amazing STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches set, which I water-coloured withTwinkling H2Os, and popped up on a background of embossed diagonals.  



My photo, as usual, doesn't capture the 'twinkling' of the paints; in real life, the shimmer and glimmer of the pink/rose colours are lovely. Yes, I'm smitten with these stamps...full-on smitten!

Be sure to check out the CCCB  site where you're sure to be dazzled and delighted by the team's creations.  Play along: they're incredibly welcoming!!  Thank you so much for inviting me to join you!!


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!

17 comments:

Julie B said...

Congrats on your DT spot Carol, love your card with the subtle diagonals and pretty pink poppies. :)

Kylie said...

Wow! I think this is so lovely. Very pretty colouring, super design and I love that you embossed the stripes instead of stamping them. Just so sweet!

~amy~ said...

Yay for the GDT!!!!
What a great take on the inspiration photo! Love the dry embossing and those blooms!

Marisa said...

Love popies and that EF is wonderful with them. Congrats on the GDT :)

Anita in France said...

Yay, Carol ... congratulations on your GD spot! Such a stunning card ... those poppies are fabulous and just look at all that yummy texture from the embossing! Brilliant! Anita :)

Geri said...

Congrats on your GD gig pal!

Your keen eye for design shines once again! The diagonal stripes lead directly to the beautiful flowers - stunning colors! Did you splatter the background?

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats on the DT spot! Those poppies are pure loveliness!

Deepti said...

Congats on the GD !! Love that u did those embossed stripes :)

Greta said...

Congrats on being the GD! That's a really neat embossing folder & your flower panel, including the splotches, is so beautiful!

Dana said...

Awesome card!! I love the pop of color with the white textured background!! Just fabulous!!

Shannon J said...

You are on fire, girl!! Another GD gig! And many more invitations to come - no doubt about that! Brilliant idea to use the embossing folder to create the background and replicate the striped flooring in the inspiration photo. And WOW, those blooms have me drooling again!! Once I get my head above water and start card making again, Stamplorations is going to be one of my first stops to freshen up my stash!! Beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome card!

Unknown said...

Soooooo, wait. Watercoloring is ok, but Distress Inks are not? ;) Your watercoloring is gorgeous (and it might also help that when I see pink, I get that dreamy-silly-happy grin of perfect happiness) and I love the layering of white on white on white. You make it look easy and elegant, yet I know you are being a bit misleading … when I try that, it never looks so great. I think, while staring at your photos, enchanted, I've already turned my Mac upside down, not thinking straight: for a moment, I was trying to get another angle on the card … *duh* Seriously awed by your skills!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Yay for your guest design! I love your card with the more subtle graphic lines in the background.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your diagonal embossing, Carol! And your coloring is FAB!

Monika Reeck said...

Yay tooo for your GDT and hmmm I love this stamp too miss C and your coloring totally faboulous.GREAT card....I am sorry too sometimes I have so less time but I miss your blog now I try to leave you some more love...hugs, Monika

Taunya Butler said...

Oh my goodness - this is gasp/swoon worthy - the coloring is spot-on and the rest of the card is just so well designed that I love it and I am thinking just what an amazing crafter you are!!