Friday, October 15, 2021

Inkspirational Challenge #250~Designer's Choice: For Boys or Men...Camera Album for my Nephew

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #250, where Pia has selected "For Boys or Men' as her Designer's Choice. Love this theme and you'll soon see why!


Many of us find creating masculine cards a challenge - as do I - but when I have an awesome 'muse' as inspiration, the ideas and designs come easily. Who is my muse, you ask? My nine-year-old nephew, Mr. C!  

Back in August, I started a camera-style album for my niece and nephew. They're 'loosely' school-themed and, hopefully, will continue to be works-in-progress for the duration of this school year. I shared details and photos of the version for my niece on this post

Today, I'm delighted to show you the cover and a few of the inside pages of the one for my nephew. Yes, very time consuming but worth every second! 

Photo from first day of Grade 4 (this year)

First day of  Grade 3 (2020)...he's a Boston Bruins fan!


The photo below makes me laugh; the helmet is a 'badge of honour' for being the top player in a hockey game. LOL! 


And a few more pages


Since I'm on a roll with nephew projects, I'll also share the cards I made as a guest designer for Missees, featuring one of the new Missees Man sets. I LOVE all things Missees! More details on the photos that inspired them on my instagram feed.



Please check out my teammates' take on the photo, then play along with us!


Thank you for dropping by!


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Nicely done, Carol. Your nephew is sure to feel the love! I really like the camera album idea and you know I think your Mr. Missees are excellent! :) Have a wonderful weekend.

Pia S said...

This is a great gift idea for a loved one and it looks fun to do too. Papers and colors seem well coordinated for a fun look.
Also love your Missees cards, so many variations of hairstyles and clothing.

Lindsey said...

The work is worth it for such an awesome result that is sure to be cherished! Seeing the album pics just underlines what great likenesses you achieved with your cards.

Marlena M. said...

This project DID look time consuming but oh look at that sweet face. ;) Totally worth it. Love your Missees trio too; they are so cool!

Marina said...

The album is totally wow - what a great project. Love seeing the different missess cards too, especially the plaid shirt.