Saturday, October 16, 2021

Color Hues Challenge #28~Red and Kraft...Cozy Winter Bear Joy

Hello,

Welcome to Color Hues Challenge #28, where our lovely hostess Nancy has selected hues of Red and Kraft as inspiration for the next two weeks. I happen to LOVE this combination, as it fits an abundance of themes, as you'll see on the blog. 


Several of Tim Holtz's new Christmas thinlits found their way into my collection recently (no point exercising restraint!) and the first two to play are the bear from Cozy Winter and the sentiment from Festive words. Yes, the bear was a bit fiddly but...I think it's becoming clear that I like fussing with die-cuts. He is cute, isn't he, although I'm not entirely sure his expression is one of joy! Let's call it the 'look of shock' before the joy sets in. Whatever the case, this card was fun to make and to share!


Please visit our talented lineup of designers whose Red and Kraft creations are amazing, then join us in the gallery!

Maja - Guest Designer


The challenge is open until 9:00 AM (EST) on October, 29th.

 The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer!

Thank you for dropping by!


15 comments:

Lindsey said...

Perhaps Mr. Bear's first sip of beverage was hotter than he expected! :D He is terrific in these warm colours, what a fun card!

Bobby said...

I think he's saying "Did you just take my picture?" lol A darling new bear to hit the scene, Carol.

JulieP said...

He's just wondering who spiked his cider. LOL!!! I absolutely LOVE this card Carol!

Julie B said...

I agree,he does have a startled expression, perhaps he was woken after an early hibernation! I can see he was fiddley to put together but the effort was definitely worth it!:)

Jeanne said...

He caught a glimpse of Santa! Ooh lucky bear! What a cutie. Thanks so much for sharing, Carol. Very fun!

Nancy said...

Between your humor and excellent writing skills and Lindsey's comment, I am smiling from ear to ear! Which, let me clarify, that the card started the grin the moment I laid eyes on him. I also loved your comment about no point in restraining! LOL! I am in!! Anyways, I can certainly see why you had to have this darling bear. I also love those trees too! Awesome way to start my morning! HUGS!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a fun card, Carol! I love all the details! That bear is darling! Have a great week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this card says it all! So fun and so cute!! The looks on the bears face, maybe Lindsey is right--too hot! ;) I want to come to your house to play with your new Tim Holtz!

Cindy Beach said...

Carol, this adorable bear was maybe fiddly but absolutely worth it! I love the bear's expression too and those darling mugs!

R's Rue said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

HilaryJane said...

Great card, love your bears expression. Perhaps he is startled by a rude awakening from his winter hibernation xx

Colleen said...

This card really popped out for me, he is so cute and I love all the kraft and red...the bear is adorable, shock or not! Thank you for the inspiration!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a darling card, Carol! Love how you used the colors!

tweaker said...

I love this bear too ! I am curious what tree die you used..? Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I’d like to know which tree cutter this is too. Lovely card