Thursday, September 7, 2017

Today is a BIG Day...My Nephew's Starting Kindergarten!!!

Hello,

My nephew starts kindergarten today! KINDERGARTEN!! 

Where have the past five years gone since Mr. C entered and, ultimately, transformed our lives? Although my niece is the 'first' born, he is the 'first boy' which comes with a whole different set of 'attentions', as does being the second in the family.  Just ask my niece, who will explain quite clearly (and at length - she's an adorable chatterbox!) that her "brother"(spiced with just the right amount of emphasis - bro-ther) - who is two years nearly to the day younger than she is -  gets 'to do more' and gets 'away with more' than she does. Ahhhh, yes...the joys of sibling rivalry! *grin* 

He's quite the guy, my Mr. C. He loves playing hockey and riding his bike; he loves his ninjas and superheroes; he loves his gymnastics and swimming lessons.  He is filled to bursting with fun and frolic and exponential energy. Like my niece, he's a tumbling, giggly, darling blend of sweetness - and sometimes 'brat' - whose presence adds so much texture, dimension and joy to my life.  To all our lives. Love him?  Only absolutely!

Although I'm not around to walk to school with him (perhaps just as well...I have tears-running-down- my-cheeks-now just 'thinking' about this new path he's embarking on....), I made him a card to celebrate his 'big day'....


Simon Says Stamps' Storybook Fox is adorable and because foxes are clever, it was - at least in this aunty's mind - the 'perfect' critter for my nephew. He has smarts...loads and loads of smarts!

Along with the card is a bookmark, filled with a trio of cutie-pie fingerprint images (Simon Says set) and encouraging sentiments to remind him just how one-of-a-kind he truly is.


Here's the duo that his mom will give/read to him this morning.  Hope he likes them; hope he knows just how deeply his Aunty c loves him and believes in him.   


A new phase of his life's journey begins. And yes, it is a BIG DAY! I need to keep the 'places he'll go' and the things he'll learn in mind. I hope the 'bigger world' will embrace him with open, welcoming arms. I hope his curiosity and willingness to try new things will bring him new opportunities. I need stop writing now before I become an even more hot mess of tears! On the 'cheer-me-up side':  his class now becomes a potential audience to make 'stuff' for! Woo hoo! 

Happy First Day of Kindergarten, my boy! 
Have fun today...and every day!
Love, Aunty c

Sharing at:

CASology Challenge #265~Education


Colour Throwdown Challenge #459~Red, Black, White


AAA Cards CAS Game #98~Creatures Great or Small


Allsorts Challenge #431~New Beginnings

Make My Monday Challenge #54~Something for a Child

Thank you for dropping in today; your visit brings me joy! 

22 comments:

Basslady said...

awww...this is so adorable!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Wendy L said...

Super card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Patti said...

Oh Carol! you are such a beautiful writer!! I love reading your posts. You made tears run down my face. I am so happy for you that you have your niece and nephew and I know they are so happy to have YOU! Sweet sweet card and bookmark and sweet heart you have for those children : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

I Card Everyone said...

I'm sure he's going to do great... you? I'm a bit worried about!
Your card is delightful, c. and the book mark will be well worn before the end of the school year... both projects will be well loved, I just know it!
so sweet, auntie c... xx
=]

Happy Dance said...

I'll bet he had a blast on his first day! And yes, they do grow up so fast! Both Mr. & Ms. are blessed to have you as their auntie! Can you be mine, too?? lol. Great card for his first day. That fox is so cute, and he'll treasure that bookmark for sure. I think you've got a winner here, and for each challenge, too. Chat soon, I hope!! Bev

Cazro said...

A brilliant card. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

Susanne Vargas said...

What? Kindergarten already? My, time does fly... And once school starts every year goes be faster and faster! Your card and bookmark are adorable and I'm sure he will treasure both! He'll do fine with such great support from his auntie c!

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, what a huge milestone for him, for you and his whole family, and for those of us who have gotten to know him through you! Your card and bookmark are sensational for the occasion, Carol! And, yes, yes, he certainly knows!! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

A real fun new school card and tag and love how the Fox is framed, many thanks for joining in with our 'New Beginnings' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Jane said...

Jumped out at me from the gallery! Loving that cool fox and the fabulous sentiment. Hope it all went amazingly well for your nephew. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Jeanne said...

Oh boy! I hope your nephew had a fantastic first day of Kindergarten!! What a big milestone in a little person's life. And also in special auntie's lives, too! What a lovely tribute you shared. And what a fun first day card and book mark. Oh you are so thoughtful! And to think you have more opportunities to create for an adoring audience! Happy, happy day and weekend to you! Hugs!! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Just darling...so in love with your sweet card. What an amazing aunt you are! I am sure your sweet nephew loves that adorable card and sweet bookmark.

Mummylade said...

This is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

Judy1223 said...

Carol, you have a gift for writing! I could have read on and on! Your love for your nephew (and neice) is quite evident, and your card and bookmark for him are just overflowing with love and pride and hope and joy! That fox is perfect, and the sentiment is fabulous. So happy to have you playing along at CASology...I hope your nephew's first day of school was wonderful!

Bobby said...

Oh Auntie C, you've made one little boy happy with your wonderful card to mark his first day of school. And he'll have that bookmark to cherish. They do grow up fast. Next year my great grandson will start kindergarten and it seems impossible to me.

Vickie Z said...

Fun card and bookmark!! Congrats to your nephew! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

This is just the sweetest little duo! Just love that sweet little fox! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

Anita in France said...

Simply adorable, Carol ... that's your heartfelt and touching post, that cute little fox and the oh so sweet little fingerprint critters. What a wonderful way to encourage Mr C ... and show him how deeply he is loved! Bet he had the most fantastic first day! Hugs, Anita :)

ÅsaJ said...

Such a cute card! Love that you celebrate the beginning of something. I think (at least here in Sweden) we tend to celebrate the end more than the beginning. Great CAS card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Broni said...

What an adorable card for a little boy and I really love the bookmark too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Melissa said...

This is such a sweet gift for your nephew! This step is always a big one, isn't it?! My own DD started pre-k this fall and I'm dreading the start of kindergarten next year. Time really does fly!!!
I hope Mr. C had a great first day! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Carol, this is such a wonderful card! I really enjoyed reading your post about Mr. C. I wish him good grades and success in school ;) Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin