Friday, April 5, 2024

Inkspirational Challenge #313 - Word Prompt - Fold - Just a Note A2 Slider (MCT Watering Can, Tulips and Springtime Papers, A2 Slider - Pinkfresh Studio)

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #313 where our Word Prompt for the next two weeks is FOLD.  As card-makers, 'fold' may be reflected as a fancy fold designed to change up the typical side or top fold style. And...that's 100% totally fine. Fold, however, can also include things like:  folding chairs, a fold in clothing/drapes, something 'folded' around something else (folded in a hug), folded clothes...and so on. As long as a 'fold' is visible (and explained, if need be) on your card/project, we'll be delighted. 


My ability to incorporate a 'fancy fold' into my usual card style is limited because for the life of me, I can't cut/fold straight. Not even a little bit! I need dies and how fortunate that I have the Pinkfresh Studio A2 Slider die in my collection.  

After several trial runs that wound up in the bin (no issue with the die; rather, operator errors and misfires LOL), I landed on this:

Closed view



The watering can, tulips, label shape, sentiment and papers are all from My Creative Time.

Even though this was a challenge for me, I'm not putting the slider die away just yet. More possibilities to explore (and mistakes to correct!).

Looking forward to seeing your fabulous FOLD creativity in the gallery! 


Thank you for dropping by!


8 comments:

Jeanne said...

So glad you persevered my friend. This is a lovely card before and after the fold! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Lisa Elton said...

It was worth the extra effort, Carol! It's a lovely spring card!

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely card, Carol! It's a total beauty and worth all the effort. BTW, your friends The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are currently playing F is for Fancy Fold, and your card would fit right in! Jo x

Marina said...

This card screams spring! So pretty and lovely and an interesting shape.

Marlena M. said...

You had me at a "die" and I'm in search of some now! This is lovely work, Carol; beautiful spring creation~

Pia S said...

I love when a card can fit into a regular envelope and has the A2 size with a twist, and this seems to fit the bill. And it's lovely with the colors and tulips for a spring feel.

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful slider card - I just love your sweet little tulips filling that lovely watering can - well done you!! Julia xx

Nonni said...

I hear you Carol... I can never glue/tape anything straight!! I thought my issues would be over when I started to buy rectangle dies et cetera... That it would be so easy to line things up with the ready cut shapes... But nope!!! Anyway, what a beautiful slider card! I love all the detail and the tulip theme is just perfect for this time of year. Great colors too. xxx