Friday, August 12, 2022

Just Us Girls Challenge #645~Trend Week - Use a stencil...Zoo Animals Trio (inspired by Once Upon a Time Challenge #1 - Dear Zoo)

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #645, where our wonderful hostess, Bobby, has selected *use a stencil* as this week's trend. Given the plethora of stencils to be found in the crafting universe, we're sure to have a filled-to-bursting gallery.


We're delighted to have guest designer, Cathy Roffey, join us once again; 

I went on a 'new ideas' search for my cards and, in so doing, was delighted to find a new challenge:  Once Upon A Time


The premise of the challenge is super cool: each month, Deanne will post the cover of a children's book as inspiration. Ideas can be drawn from the story's theme, the cover, the layout, the colour scheme...lots of possibilities. This month, Dear Zoo (you can read it on the challenge blog...so sweet) was chosen...and given that I have a stack of Doodlebug At The Zoo stickers and die cuts (plus many more from other companies...I need to use them!), I settled right in to create a trio of projects.
The card below features a giraffe stencil from Uniko, mini leaf stencil from STAMPlorations and speech bubble + sentiment from My Creative Time created the stage for the cutie-pie giraffe. 


NOTE: So honoured that my giraffe was selected as a Top 3 at Once Upon a Time! Thank you!


As you know, I have bird terror, but a couple of these birds are just so sweet, I had to give them a play. First, is the flamingo, place atop another STAMPlorations leaf stencil, inked in, of course, Kitsch Flamingo distress ink. 


Second, a 4 x 4 lunchbox note, using another STAMPlorations stencil and Simon Says sentiment from a years' old thumbprint set.


Your turn!

Also sharing at:



Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Jeanne said...

A trio of pure delight, Carol! I really like the giraffe one as it's one of my daughter's favorite animals. I'm proud of you for working through your unease about birds and creating two wonderful cards with birds. gentle hugs. I think your stenciling always looks top notch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my goodness! Such cuteness in this post! Well done with the background stenciling too ;)

Nancy said...

Carol, I did not know about your bird trepidation! Good to know and hopefully I will remember! LOL Each card is as darling as can be. I love the peacock so much!!

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE, love these!! This was our granddaughter's first favorite book when she was a toddler. She used to roar like a lion!!

Bobby said...

Three wonderful zoo cards, Carol. I love that giraffe stencil, so bold. And Kitch Flamingo for the flamingo? It had to be, bird terrors or not. My brother has a few peacocks so I love how colorful they are. THe background stencil looks like their fanned tails.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... thanks for the new challenge! Sounds a bit like The Library Challenge which I miss greatly. Your giraffe print stencil is just fab!

Glenda J said...

Carol - these are all so fun and adorable! Your backgrounds are PERFECTION! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are all just too darn cute! Beautiful stencil work on all of these. I just love how you make encouraging lunch box notes, too.

Ina G said...

You sure had a lot of fun with this challenge Carol and Shery would be so happy to see her stencils showcased so beautifully. Love all those critters/animals and all the star of each card.

Cathy said...

Fabulous cards, I love that picture book, it was a favourite when my boys were young! Great use of those stencils with the sweet animals, Cathy x

Fiona said...

Gorgeous cards just perfect for our very first challenge - I'm glad you found us at Once Upon a Time - hope to see you again next month.