Saturday, January 2, 2021

HLS January 2021 CAS Challenge~Short and/or Tall...TH Santa Slimline

Hello and Happy New Year!

After a 6 month hiatus, the Happy Little Stampers challenges have returned, with new inspiration and some new designers joining the returning crew. 

Today, I'm welcoming you to the first 2021 HLS CAS Challenge, where this month's theme is Short and/or Tall. Choose one or choose both, but most of all: have fun! 


I'm still embracing Christmas-crafting so guess what you'll see below...another Christmas card. Tall was my chosen direction, first with the slimline layout and then, a rather 'tall-ish' Tim Holtz Papercuts Christmas 1 Colourize die. This is my first time using this style of die and oh my! Talk about easy to create! A few passes of cardstock through my Big Shot, a quick assembly and ta dahhh...Jolly Ol' St. Nick himself! In fact, this was so easy I made a few more Santas and tucked them away for down-the-road cards/projects.
 

That's it from me; please head over to the blog to see how my talented teammates - 
Kylie, Lindsey, Anita, Charlotte (Lady Joyful), Ma-Mi,Bozena, Lynda (loopyloo), Julie and Ceal - interpreted this month's theme. A reminder that we're looking for CAS designs.


See you in the gallery!


Thank you for dropping by!


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wonderful Santa, such a unique presentation of the happy elf. I really like the background, too. Whata wonderful embossing folder! It adds terrific texture! Thanks for sharing, Carol! Crafty hugs!

Lynda said...

A great slimline Santa - and such vibrant red colours. The embossing background is perfect for this image. xx

Shelly said...

Oh, this is so fun and cute!! Love it!
Happy New Year, my friend! :) Hugs

Lindsey said...

I love this Santa! He is perfect the way you have *colourized* him. The embossed background and slimline design are terrific, too!

BożenA said...

WOW! This card is unique. I love how you used that Santa Claus in this card. Great design and I love the embossed background. Great card!
Happy New Year, Carol!
BożenA xx