Friday, July 3, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #543~Word Week: Rainbow...Your Make the World More Colourful & You Make It Rain Rainbows

Hello,

Happy 4th of July to my USA friends! Celebrate wildly...but be SAFE, please!!

I'm delighted to be hostess for Just Us Girls Challenge #543, where I've selected RAINBOW as this week's word prompt. We all love rainbows, and given they come in such a wide range of styles, I'm hoping to see the gallery bursting at the seams with your ROYGBIV creations!

Just a note: you don't have to make a 'rainbow'; rainbow colours are totally a-okay, which is the direction taken by some of the design team! Be as creative as you please in interpreting the prompt!


New month = a new guest designer! We're thrilled to welcome super talented, super sweet Trina, from Phamtastic Designs to Just Us Girls for July! Her cards are always wonderful works of art and, as you'll see below, this rainbow delight is no exception! Please, enjoy gazing at and admiring her card, as well as all the smile-making creations by the rest of the team: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria and CΓ©cile. If you have a chance to leave comments, that would be a real treat.

After sitting in my 'never before used stuff' pile since last summer, my Avery Elle Rainbow dies finally make their debut. Here, two rainbow sporting-rainbow shaped cards using distress inks, spritzed with Perfect Pearl water for a little bit of  'rainy' sheen. I have another 7 more using cardstock. Those will make an appearance down the road. Aren't the sentiments sweet? Love them! 



That's it from me!

Looking forward to seeing your RAINBOcreations this week!

Thank you for dropping by!
 

8 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Jeanne said...

Happy Belated Canada Day, Carol! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. :) I've seen this rainbow a lot in recent months and I love your version of using it. the colors are so pretty and I like the splatter you created on the bows (arches?) So pretty. I enjoy looking at a good splatter, even though I am not that talented at creating them (and I'm a lot messy at them, too). Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs! :)

Trina P. said...

So ecstatic you chose Rainbow as the word this week! Love rainbows! 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
Your NBUS rainbow shaped card is beautiful, rainy sheen and all!
And thank you for your sweet words. So very kind of you. Very honoured to guest alongside such a super talented group! πŸ’—

Lindsey said...

You may just be worse than me for using new stuff! :D These rainbow cards are beautiful! I agree, the sentiments are _almost_ as sweet as the rainbows you created!

Marina said...

What a great shape! What a great card!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Love your card ,so cheerful and fitting for these times we are living in . Jane x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this rainbow shaped card! Great addition adding the Perfect Pearls water for some shimmer. Both of those sentiments are awesome and could be used for many situations!

Ina G said...

Love the direction you took here Carol. Great shape and those clouds are a great finisher.