but whew *wipes sweat from brow* I wound up spending inordinate time making my card and I'm not exactly thrilled with the outcome. The 'vision' and the 'execution' were a bit at odds, plus I think my muse was having a nap when I tackled this. Here's how things played out:
- A couple weeks back, one of the nicest, sweetest and most gentlemanly cyclists I know (well, not including my husband, because he's all that and more), announced his engagement. Yayyyy!! The 'essence' of my card - congratulations on the delightful news - ranks a 10/10.
- I decided to use two coffee mugs from a set I have, and in doing so, tried a 'new-to-me' technique - mirror image stamping, which I found here. Excellent tutorial! Coffee mugs (as inspired by the FUSION photo) plus new learning - ranks 7/10 (need more practice on the mirroring).
- A love-themed card calls (loudly!) for a heart, so debuting here is my PS Flourishes 1 die. I 'deduced' that cutting two and placing them 'just so' created a 'steamy' heart. Ranking on 'figurin' stuff out - 8/10.
- The FUSION layout showcases a tag, reflected in my card, but minus the 3-band toppings and with the sentiment (mis)placed beneath the image. Ranking in 'following the sketch' - 5/10
- I wavered back-and-forth between two sentiments - Congratulations (went with that) or "One good cup deserves another." Perhaps the second sentiment will find a home inside the card. Ranking in sentiment indecision - 10/10; ranking in final decision - 7/10 (still debating...).
- My card was labour intensive (note: muse napping comment above) - and I messed up several things, several times. Ranking in 'effort' = 10/10; ranking in 'final product' = 6.5/10
- Enjoyment in making the card (despite the paper scrunches, ink everywhere episodes) - 12/10!!
So, overall outcome reveals - a photo inspired + 1/3 sketch inspired FUSION, that showcases love, in a 'couple-oriented' fashion (not too girl-y...or so I hope!), clean and...well, rather simple when all is taken into account. Net outcome = passing grade!! Actually, my response of *meh* is slowly shifting to "I kind of like this..." We'll be seeing the couple at a bike race the last weekend in May, which gives me time to make renos, or maybe just leave it as is. Hmmm...yep, it's starting to grow on me (and my husband quite likes it Always a positive influence...)
Here it is:
Thanks for dropping in; comments always welcome and appreciated, deeply!