Friday, September 6, 2024

Inkspirational Challenge #324 - Designer's Choice - Make Your Mark - Thank You So Mush (Angie Bloom Design from Crop and Create 2023)

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #324 where, or the next two weeks, we invite you to draw inspiration from Nonni's Designer's Choice: MAKE YOUR MARK. How do you "make your mark," you may ask? Simple: by adding colour to your images/die cuts with mediums like markers, pencils/crayons, watercolour/paints and even inks if you're using colouring/layering stencils.   Note: colouring stencils + inks qualify for this challenge.


I discovered this Angie Blom Mushroom Love digital image, from Crop and Create Fall 2023, in my stash. Given the popularity of mushrooms in card-making of late, it seemed timely to give it attention. I queued up Angie's video and, more or less, distress-ink watercoloured along with her. Of course, her sample is much better but I'm okay with how this turned out, especially since I'm not one for either digital images or watercolour. A scallop-edge panel die for some 'interest' and ta dah...I'm made my mark! 


Looking forward to seeing how Nonni's Designer's Choice inspires you!

Also sharing at:



Thank you for dropping by!


7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! This is wonderful, Carol! Mushrooms do seem to be all the rage these days and even though I didn't think I liked them much(as decor), the ones I see are kind of fun and whimsical. I love the colors you chose and your watercoloring looks magical to me. Thank you so much for sharing!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful DIGI of the heart full of mushrooms Carol! A beautiful mix of colors used to watercolor them! So pretty with the scallop edge against the black! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your colorful mushrooms are oodles of fun, Carol! Cute card!

Marina said...

Those mushrooms look quite psychodelic! Pretty colours and a lovely card.

Marlena M. said...

OH how I love this Carol!!! Such a fun pop of shrooms~

Pia S said...

I love the design of the image and how colorful you made it!

Inkyfingers said...

These are the prettiest mushrooms I've seen, Carol and I love the design layout too! Such a great card.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.